Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2018, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Reason now offering VIs in VST/AU formats

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftalive View Post

Don't get me wrong - Reason is ace, and I've been a user since V3 (I think) but I've really only ever used the NN-XT and some effects here and there.

I'd love it if they'd do a rack only mini version that had the NN-XT and maybe some of the effects. Or even better - some sort of a la carte system where you choose what is in there. I'd even pay the same amount, to be able to get just the stuff I want.

...which is probably why no one has asked me to run a software company yet.

Well, with the addition of VST hosting, which came with Reason 9.5, the game changed. Granted, you can't host VSTs with Reason in slave mode, only stand alone. But, with Virtual MIDI you can use Reason in standalone, and route the audio back to PT, just like you can with an external MIDI instrument. With VST hosting, Reason really is the most powerful instrument on the planet...because, in effect, it can be all VI's. With the Combinator, only your imagination and your CPU is the limit!