Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 12-14-2012, 01:48 PM

Default Need help connecting my hardware synth to Pro Tools!

Hi guys,

I'm trying to connect my Moog Slim Phatty synth to Pro Tools. The synth is connected to my computer via USB. I have created 1 midi track and 1 mono audio track. I have set the input on the midi track to 'All', and the midi track lights up when I press a key on my midi keyboard (also connected via USB). I would like to set the output on the midi track to be my synth. However, my synth is not listed as an option for the output. My soundcard is listed, and my midi keyboard is listed, but the Slim Phatty is not. The manual for the Slim Phatty says 'Once the SP’s USB drivers are automatically installed, the SP will appear as a ‘USB Audio Device’ in the MIDI Device selection options of the computer’s MIDI software.'. Surely this implies that it should automatically be listed as an option for the output of the midi track???

Hope you can help me!