Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2014, 08:58 PM

Default Finally got it all working like it should!...

and I'm not touching anything again :)

Really I decided to just create a new user on my Mac for music. I spent about a week making sure that all the settings for ProTools and Euphonix were correct and that I didn't load any additional daemons, system preferences etc... for that user. It took a bit of digging and doing to get things to stop loading since I didn't need anything there.

Now that I've got a clean user, My MC Mix and Control behave just as I would expect them to, no issues, no crashes, no slowing down displays and response, and I'm actually able to work without having to think about the hardware.

I've had instances where creating a new user on a mac almost always solved a problem, and hence allowed me to chase down the issue a little more effectively. So for my colleagues who are having trouble, try just creating a new user and see if things are just better.

I'm on PT 11.2 with Eucon 3.1.3 on Mac OSX 10.9.4 (I know it's not yet certified with PT 11.2 but works just fine) and interface (if anyone cares) is a UAD Apollo.

I took a snapshot of my machine so I can always restore this user's settings if I ever need to rebuild or something.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Finally got it all working like it should!...

Great news!! Hopefully its nothing but smooth sailing from here.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.