Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2014, 05:41 AM

Default elusive plugins?

Good Morning. It has happened again! One of my plugins has gone missing. I don't think it's anything I'm doing to cause this. This time it's a plugin that I've paid for and downloaded! Melodyne essential. I've searched to the best of my ability through the various files, (Win 7), but no luck. Can anyone offer advice as to what to do when this occurs? Also, why doesn't Windows 7 and or Pro Tools maintain all the plugins in the same file location? Thanks, s.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:27 AM

Default Re: elusive plugins?

Should I just pull this post? Is there no one who is interested in helping? Did I ask the wrong question??
Old 12-17-2014, 05:32 AM

Did you try reinstalling?

I have no idea what would make a plugin disappear and I've never had it happen. That's probably why no one responded.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:23 AM

Thanks Drew Mazurek. Instead of using the word "disappeared" I guess I should have said I can't find it! In any event, and from my perspective it disappeared. I've made no secret of the fact that I just don't comprehend the Windows file system! I did attempt to reinstall the plug in but that came to an abrupt halt when I was asked for my account info. right now I can't access internet because my wifi device quit working. When I get that fixed I'll try again. One final question. Should I let Windows store the plugin where the toontrak software directs or should I try to include it in the Pro Tools plugin file? Thanks.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
........I've made no secret of the fact that I just don't comprehend the Windows file system! ............. Should I let Windows store the plugin where the toontrak software directs or should I try to include it in the Pro Tools plugin file? Thanks.
Can't help with anything Windows.

I've always let installers do their thing. Presumably, the dev knows where something should go!!

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:51 PM

Also, Melodyne is not a Toontrack's product. The less confusion for you the better as far as solving this problem goes.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
Thanks Drew Mazurek. Instead of using the word "disappeared" I guess I should have said I can't find it! In any event, and from my perspective it disappeared. I've made no secret of the fact that I just don't comprehend the Windows file system! I did attempt to reinstall the plug in but that came to an abrupt halt when I was asked for my account info. right now I can't access internet because my wifi device quit working. When I get that fixed I'll try again. One final question. Should I let Windows store the plugin where the toontrak software directs or should I try to include it in the Pro Tools plugin file? Thanks.
A little late but - have you tried using the Search function in Windows? In XP it used to be right in the Start Menu but I have no idea where it went in later versions of Windows.

And as far as accessing the Internet why not just use a wired connection? Something I've found that helps to restore an internet connection is to just reboot the router. Shut it down, leave it off for 30 seconds to a minute, and then restart it. Let it finish booting before turning on any devices to be connected to it.

And always let an installer install a plugin where they developer wants to have it installed. The only thing to put in a different locations is if the plugin is a sampler vi and then you want the samples on a separate drive from your system or PT drive.

QAPLA!
Old 12-25-2014, 02:20 PM

And Terry...it can be confusing if the plugin you're installing also offers VST versions.

Typically, you will be asked to the install locations for the VST versions (another topic), but in some cases the installer will also allow you to select the locations for RTAS/AAX versions.

But, as musicman691 noted, for RTAS/AAX versions, just use the "default" location...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh

Last edited by Bill Denton; 12-26-2014 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Forgot the "conf"...
Old 12-25-2014, 10:54 PM

it's not in Plug Ins (Unused) is it?
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 12-26-2014, 08:46 AM
Admin Emeritus

You should be able to login to your "My Celemony" account and download the latest installer:
Quote:
Melodyne essential 2.1.2 for Windows
Installer for Windows. Contains the stand-alone and RTAS, AAX, ARA, VST2 and VST3 plug-in implementations.
System requirements are on this page.