How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 09-10-2018, 07:08 AM

Default Re: iZotope RX7 officially announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynedelario View Post
Hey Guy. Where did you see the thing about surround workflows? I have been waiting for that feature since RX3! I’m on RX5 now and have the offer to buy 6 as a path to 7, but why would I buy it if they won’t plainly tell us what the new features are????

I work in film music so every file I deal with on a dub is interleaved surround. I don’t use RX anymore because it’s a massive PITA. Really hoping this feature is coming.
Here's a 100% bone fide iZotope source. Details still sketchy, but there's some stuff here - https://www.izotope.com/en/lp/rx-7-p...+RX6ADV+RX6STD

Quote:
✓ Automatically remove noise, clipping, clicks, and more
✓ Reshape the intonation of dialogue to rescue or improve a performance
✓ Remix vocals, bass, and percussion
✓ Isolate or even remove vocals from a stereo mix
✓ Tackle audio issues that appear with multichannel support up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2

..and much more!
I'm hoping that the "much more" bit isn't entirely hyperbole, even if its only algorithm advances for Dialogue Isolate, De-Wind, De-Bleed etc. Great features but can be hit an miss... any improvement of the hit rate would be grabbed with both arms.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-10-2018, 08:50 AM

Ha! Maybe I’m an idiot but I couldn’t find this by just clicking through their site. Well this is fantastic news. I hope the surround feature comes with the regular version. All I really do is remove pencil drops from the tuba players when they fall asleep. :)
Old 09-10-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynedelario View Post
Ha! Maybe I’m an idiot but I couldn’t find this by just clicking through their site. Well this is fantastic news. I hope the surround feature comes with the regular version. All I really do is remove pencil drops from the tuba players when they fall asleep. :)
It might be an email link, not sure if it's directly linked from their main page.

Re-reading their blurb, I wonder if the first bullet point alludes to a one-click Fix Everything feature, a la a photo app's auto suggestion, which focuses on clipping, clicking and denoise.

I guess our uses are a little different - at the end of a day fighting with horribly recorded location sync on a obs doc, pretty much every module is open! The one thing I likely won't need is the Dolby Atmos thing, I nearly always live in lowly stereo, or mono for that matter.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-11-2018, 04:30 AM

FWIW, a few more crumbs of info here - https://westlakepro.com/events/izotope-rx7/

Quote:
Dialogue Contour
Dialogue De-reverb
Multichannel Support
Repair Assistant
Variable Time
Variable Pitch
and more
So I'd guess Repair Assistant is this new one stop fix everything shop.

(Also mention of new audiosuite plugins, which is likely to be a few more standalone elements I guess).

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-12-2018, 07:36 AM

Well, I have it. First off the mark, go me. Not up on the website yet, but if you've bought or upgraded, it should be in the Product Portal.

My first impression is for post work it's not quite as big a leap as the past few. Dialogue Contour is - as is so often the case - a mixed bag. Sometimes it was seamless and brilliant, other times glitchy or unconvincing. A quick trial of Music Rebalance was interesting - it has 4 groups, voice, bass, percussion and other. While it wasn't up to a clean acapella or background (the expected watery artefacts and bleed throughs), it was helpful for more subtle changes, in much the way I've found dialogue isolate. Genius often at 5db, a mess at 20db. The Repair Assistant I'm not sure is all that useful, it takes its time (much like in Neutron) and then you can further tweak from its suggestion. By and large I think I'll carry on the old fashioned way as it'll likely be quicker if you know your way around.

The manual says performance and preview adjustments to the algorithms have been made, but only in Dialogue Isolate and De Rustle. Thus far I've been playing with the new goodies, but I'll be putting it through its paces on a real job pretty much immediately.

EDIT - meant to say, Insight 2 is there too. That looks like a big update, a major UI refresh and new features. I'll be checking that out too.

EDIT 2 - For post, so far the most impressive thing has been Dialogue De-Reverb. That really sounded impressive on a very tricky sync source I had lying around, of speech in a shipping container. It has a "preserve ambience" feature that helps. So it really tamed the space without masses of pumping or water, or indeed pumping water. And it's magic in as much that there's no learn for the settings, it just figures it out. It was heaps better than Unveil.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM

Last edited by noiseboyuk; 09-12-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:49 AM

Interesting. I bought an upgrade path from RX5 to RX6 two days ago (even though I already owned it inside Music Production Suite), but nothing in my product portal yet.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Well, I have it. First off the mark, go me. Not up on the website yet, but if you've bought or upgraded, it should be in the Product Portal.

My first impression is for post work it's not quite as big a leap as the past few. Dialogue Contour is - as is so often the case - a mixed bag. Sometimes it was seamless and brilliant, other times glitchy or unconvincing. A quick trial of Music Rebalance was interesting - it has 4 groups, voice, bass, percussion and other. While it wasn't up to a clean acapella or background (the expected watery artefacts and bleed throughs), it was helpful for more subtle changes, in much the way I've found dialogue isolate. Genius often at 5db, a mess at 20db. The Repair Assistant I'm not sure is all that useful, it takes its time (much like in Neutron) and then you can further tweak from its suggestion. By and large I think I'll carry on the old fashioned way as it'll likely be quicker if you know your way around.

The manual says performance and preview adjustments to the algorithms have been made, but only in Dialogue Isolate and De Rustle. Thus far I've been playing with the new goodies, but I'll be putting it through its paces on a real job pretty much immediately.

EDIT - meant to say, Insight 2 is there too. That looks like a big update, a major UI refresh and new features. I'll be checking that out too.

EDIT 2 - For post, so far the most impressive thing has been Dialogue De-Reverb. That really sounded impressive on a very tricky sync source I had lying around, of speech in a shipping container. It has a "preserve ambience" feature that helps. So it really tamed the space without masses of pumping or water, or indeed pumping water. And it's magic in as much that there's no learn for the settings, it just figures it out. It was heaps better than Unveil.
Did you get Advanced or vanilla? And if vanilla what's new in it?

QAPLA!
Old 09-12-2018, 01:19 PM

Jack - I'm on Advanced. Looks like the website it still updating, but the Advanced page is up here - https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...-advanced.html and they list the following as Advanced only:

DE-RUSTLE
DE-WIND
DIALOGUE CONTOUR
DIALOGUE ISOLATE
DIALOGUE DE-REVERB

EDIT - just stumbled across Standard's page - https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...-standard.html . New features:

REPAIR ASSISTANT
MUSIC REBALANCE
VARIABLE TIME AND PITCH
BREATH CONTROL

EDIT 2 - Here's the comparison page - https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...omparison.html

NB - multichannel support is as I suspected Advanced-only.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM

Last edited by noiseboyuk; 09-12-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
EDIT - meant to say, Insight 2 is there too. That looks like a big update, a major UI refresh and new features. I'll be checking that out too
Where are you seeing this one? I'm very curious as Insight has been stuck with a really dated (and sometimes hard to read) UI.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Jack - I'm on Advanced. Looks like the website it still updating, but the Advanced page is up here - https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...-advanced.html and they list the following as Advanced only:

DE-RUSTLE
DE-WIND
DIALOGUE CONTOUR
DIALOGUE ISOLATE
DIALOGUE DE-REVERB

EDIT - just stumbled across Standard's page - https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...-standard.html . New features:

REPAIR ASSISTANT
MUSIC REBALANCE
VARIABLE TIME AND PITCH
BREATH CONTROL

EDIT 2 - Here's the comparison page - https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...omparison.html

NB - multichannel support is as I suspected Advanced-only.
Thanks for posting the link. Looking at the page I'd not trust the chart. The top part of the chart is okay but following sections have confusing column headers. Also it looks like they took Spectral Repair out of Standard Also there's no explanation as to what a single asterisk means as well as a double.

When logged in my upgrade pricing from RX6 is $149US which is the same price anyone who hasn't upgraded from RX1 pays the same

edit for additional:
For reference here's a comparison chart for RX6: http://downloads.izotope.com/docs/rx...son/index.html
and at a quick glance they HAVE taken spectral repair out of Standard and I'm on Standard.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 09-13-2018 at 04:41 AM. Reason: added comparison chart for RX6; edit 2 corrected rx6 url