Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2021, 08:21 AM

Default Re: what box do I need?

I'll echo Nathaniel's recommendation for a Metric Halo setup if you're inclined to spend less on an upgrade. I researched the path to Atmos a bit last year and I think that his MH config and Focusrite's Red 16Line offer up the most output and connectivity options with built-in monitor control. That said, the MTRX Studio ticked all of m boxes with the exception of AES so I jumped in as soon as they became available. I opted to get an RME convertor that allows me to keep my TC6k online via AES and it works just fine. Regarding the A/D & D/A, these converters sound great. I upgraded from a 192 so it was a considerable jump but in quality and worth the expense in my view.

-Chris
• DADman/Eucon monitoring
• BSS (DAN + 100), QSC DCA 1644, JBL 7 Series
• MTRX Studio // 7.1.4

www.quesound.com
Old 01-11-2021, 02:34 PM

Default Re: what box do I need?

Oh that's interesting Chris. So if I understand correctly you're taking analog audio out of the MTRX and converting it in the RME to digital before sending it AES? Or you're just taking digital signal from the MTRX and converting it to AES? I haven't looked into it deeply enough yet to know :). And which RME unit did you get?

Thanks,
Eric