Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2010, 04:48 AM

Default Strike MIDI Export Issues

When exporting MIDI in Strike v.1.5.0.9708 under Pro-Tools LE version 9 running on Windows 7 I am experiencing strange behaviours such as the Strike Master Fader mysteriously turning itself to zero in the background so when I come to play back the exported loop on a MIDI track I get no sound (until I turn the Master Fader back up)...also some instruments are being omitted during the MIDI export...have I got a ghost who wants to disrupt my rock and roll???
Old 12-22-2010, 01:17 AM

Smile Re: Strike MIDI Export Issues

Well I'll talk to me flippin self then.

Oh I have to say I am largely underwhelmed with this'ere Strike drums thingy
Don't get me wrong boyzzz (and galzzz), it sounds great. Brilliant samples and cohesive realistic kits, and them presets are great. Problem is though, I don't want to make up me rock and roll using them presets, I want to make my own and it doesn't work with my Roland HD1 kit so I can't bang on that, I have to bang with me fingers, and that isn't conducive to 'eavy rock

BFD is better I am afraid to assert, even though that is the world's most horrid program to get working on anything less than bucket loads of RAMs.And it is frustratingly difficult, just like Strike, to get a pummeling monstrous heavy metal bang bang thing goin' so I can pick up me guitar and make lots of horrid noises.Quickly, before the neighbours start bangin' on my door...

Strike needs impwoving.

1. It needs to talk with Roland HD1 to allow easy kit mapping (and I don't want to have to do this meself, I want it to just DO IT!!! AAARGH.
2. It needs to PLEASE STOP TURNING DOWN THE BLOODY MASTER FADER IN THE BACKGROUND!!! AAARGH
3.It needs to allow proper MIDI file import and export so I can use me BFD thingy in conjunction with it.

Thanks Moderwator
Old 12-22-2010, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Strike MIDI Export Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinaston View Post
1. It needs to talk with Roland HD1 to allow easy kit mapping (and I don't want to have to do this meself, I want it to just DO IT!!! AAARGH.
2. It needs to PLEASE STOP TURNING DOWN THE BLOODY MASTER FADER IN THE BACKGROUND!!! AAARGH
3.It needs to allow proper MIDI file import and export so I can use me BFD thingy in conjunction with it.
1. I've never personally hooked up a MIDI drum kit, but I think you just need to set the MIDI input of the Instrument Track that Strike is instantiated on to the Roland, and set the MIDI out of the Track to Strike, Channel 2. You may also want to click the "Kit" button, at the very bottom of Strike, next to the "Style" button. I believe the 2nd and 3rd octaves (from the left) are laid out like a general MIDI drum map, and you can assign any sound to the 5th and 6th octaves (the blue ones) by right-clicking.

2. I have no idea why your Master fader is being turned down. This has never happened to me, and I've used MIDI export many times.

3. I'm not exactly sure what you mean here, but you can drag a MIDI file into Strike's Instrument Track, set the MIDI output to Channel 2, and it will trigger Strike. You can then drag this MIDI region to any other MIDI or Instrument Track (one with BFD on it, for example).