Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: The Tea Room..!!

hey dudes, you know, i go nuts for sashimi fine cut
i'm pretty bussy this week, but everybody bussy these days in here
'till xmas, hey it's almost a year i'm a ducer well like ten months
i'm back home tomorrow,
i have a couple of gigs with this singer she's a pretty close friend,
i recorded in those songs, they did the recording in cubase...
i like this one,...the song, not really the performance...wtf,
well, hope i have some free time next days before weekend to do the horns
cheers, be happy, oh, by the way, here when you say, "be good..if not invite", it means you to be good,
but if not, then invite me to what ever bad ugly things you're planning
bad joke, later.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:17 PM

"Colectivo Zebra"...?
That sounds so innocent
Be happy...and you are always invited, BTW
a

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 10-04-2005, 12:43 PM

Quote:

u no maky funy from geenez ...YO
But, just in case you didn't know >> Bon Apetit !

cheers,

*shakes head*
Old 10-04-2005, 01:05 PM

Yeah cowboy...one of those days ..
You guys watching the MLB playoffs ? Who is the cup winner ??
Don't forget, NHL starts this week also
Who is getting the new Mbox2 ?
later,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 10-04-2005, 01:13 PM

yeah, I agree man... one of those days.. could say more, but.... as for MLB and NHL, don't follow sports man... sorry... music is my deal.. nope, not getting the MBox2 on this end... happy with my Mbox1... as long as its broke... don't fix it...
Old 10-04-2005, 01:16 PM

Quote:
later,
hell no!

i want an HD rig!

ok, i can't afford one but hey, i was watching a mate mix some stuff a fortnight ago on a HD/Pro control rig with 2 (or maybe 3) accel cards and damn, IT SMOKED!

Greetings and felicitations, sorry for my absence, been good and bad on this side of the pond. for some reason the DUC dropped the tea rooms off my favourites so I've missed the email updates of y'alls antics, taking a while to catch up.

bad news is i've slipped a disc again, second time in 3 months. pain has moved in with me. cant sit or stand for long, just lie face down and wimper....

gigging is going well, another on the 22nd i think.

hey kenny, what rig do you use when you're playing live?

tim
Old 10-04-2005, 01:28 PM

Hello Tim,
Man..that disc thing really sux. Sorry to hear. Need to find the right therapist, and kiss the pain good bye.
I'd recommend Asian, experienced and willing..but, that's just me
Yeah, HD rigs are cool, I've been recording on them for a couple of years now. Mixing outside only and analog
Kenny has posted his gear a while ago, I don't remember the details, but it was a solid mofo setup.
Later dude, please don't say hi to K_B. He has long elevated his standards from our stupid little Earth talk..

cheers,

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 10-04-2005, 01:29 PM

Hey Tim, my sentiments exactly dude about the HD rig! sorry to hear about the slipped disc thing man... sounds very painful.. hopefully it isn't too bad to jam with the bass though. you guys end up hooking up with that producer?
Old 10-04-2005, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Yeah cowboy...one of those days ..
You guys watching the MLB playoffs ? Who is the cup winner ??
Don't forget, NHL starts this week also
later,
Yeah buddy...

New York Yankees vs Los Angeles Angels tonight at 8PM Eastern. The Yankees clinched the AL East. I watch the games with my wife. She is a big Yankee fan. cool

Tim...How's our UK bass player dude doing? Let's see... cuurently I am using a SWR 750 Watt head going into 2 - 4 by 10 inch cabinets. That is 8 -10's. One cab is an old SWR 4 by 10", and the other cab is an Eden 4 by 10". Sounds great...!!! Sound men are lovin' it too. I had to bump up to 8-10's recently, and it is a lot fuller. Hope you are well.cool

Best,

kenny
Old 10-04-2005, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Tim...How's our UK bass player dude doing? Let's see... cuurently I am using a SWR 750 Watt head going into 2 - 4 by 10 inch cabinets. That is 8 -10's. One cab is an old SWR 4 by 10", and the other cab is an Eden 4 by 10". Sounds great...!!! Sound men are lovin' it too. I had to bump up to 8-10's recently, and it is a lot fuller. Hope you are well.cool

Best,

kenny
thanks for that. apart from the back I'm doing well. Been drooling on the SWR and Eden websites recently. OK, i know they're only modelled but i do like that swr sound in my pod.

Need to buy a cab or two, thinking of a 4*10 and 1*15. Using a (borrowed) Ashdown 4*10 at the moment which I like, run a Bass Pod thru a dbx compressor into a power amp then into the cab. When I have 2 cabs its cool to bi amp the pod and run everything from 60 hz down into the 15" via the 24db crossover. normally send the modelled out to the house PA. Was that the rig you used for the DUC Thang (or do you have a more portable one for studio work)? what bass were you playing? ta!!!

tim