Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2015, 02:39 PM

Default Two pro tools systems switched, one person reported for grand larceny

Hi

A friend of mine in montreal Canada got a mix plus system, extra PCI juice, sample cell card and a 888 io from a guy in NY back in 1999, when he went to register it he found out it did not belong to this seller,

Later, AVID called the seller and asked him about the 15k rig, the seller explained that he got it based on a written agreement between himself and the original owner who hired him to produce his music, the original owner leased financed it to pay the producer as part of a contract they later terminated because the production was finished to his satisfactory far in advance., how ever the producer did not know his client switched the rig with his which was already 11 months older, less plugs etc, and after the producer went to Canada before heading to France the client reported it stolen !!!

This procurer has just got back in touch with my friend (15 years later) and told him he was stopped at a airport in London and warned that a active warrant was out for his arrest in New York linked to his old address which he abandoned due to a dispute between him and another client who was a bully ( rapper) , they told him it was active since 1999, class e grand larceny! And he had no idea, the NYPD confirmed it too, surprised they did not even see it on their radars

I thought wow, I should share this one here, been years since I got rid of my m audio pro tools rig :)

My buddy In Canada says he will keep me posted as this client upstate ny had been inducted in the past by the FBI several times, he even ticked of Larry Rockefeller before he passed away, in fact Larry called the producer and warned him this client of his was a crooked business man who will make more money of him then he is paying, sort of like a sickness, and told him that he had been blacklisted from banks left living of companies in his kids names.

Anyone else hear of such insurance fraud scams like this?
Old 06-13-2015, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Two pro tools systems switched, one person reported for grand larceny

It doesn't help that our hardware remains hidden from our accounts.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Two pro tools systems switched, one person reported for grand larceny

Sounds like a fraud to me, as I always hire rigs if I travel between continents. That is much cheaper than paying for customs (in the worst case two ways).