How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 07:22 AM

Default Arpeggio Help

Hey there,

I'm pretty new to protools and I've noticed that you can control midi devices in protools. I understand that you need to 'load' a patch from your computer that the step-sequencer can use for a sound (using a MIDI track).

I would like to use my analog synths (juno 106 / jupiter 6) as the sound source for midi controlled arpeggios. Both synths have MIDI and I have a MIDI in/out cable that connects to my Mac by USB.

Is this possible?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

chuck
Old 05-30-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Arpeggio Help

Go to the Operations set up choose MIDI there you have to check the appropriate midi inteface for example: if you are using a midiman uno midi interface Protools see's the device not the keyboard unless your synths are equipped with editor librarian software which most modern Rolands are. Once you have selected the midi interface (The USB Cord )plugged into your computer, play Protools see if the MIDI out LED on the interface is flashing or glowing solid that let's you know Protools is sending MIDI message if so configure your keyboard to recieve on MIDI ch. 1,2,3,4, etc... whatever ch. you prefer, by the way unless your MIDI interface has 2x2 or better you will only be able to slave one synth @ a time unless you daisy chain the other synth to the first by connecting a regular midi cable to the THRU of the first synth.