Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 PM

Default can I re-register older ilok into new ilok account?

I'm trying to help someone who has two iLoks. one was likely registered with a different email address than the newer one, and though I haven't seen it yet, she told me she can't sync the old one w/ her account to download new licenses on it.

I think her old assistant set it up and she doesn't know how it was originally registered with iLok.

She wants to consolidate all her licenses onto one iLok and have the other blank for zero downtime.

Is it possible to re-register it with her current iLok account?

thanks for any help w/ this matter
PT Ultimate
Old 10-13-2008, 11:14 PM

Default Re: can I re-register older ilok into new ilok account?

For theft and security reasons the answer to that would be no.
You should be able to retrieve the forgotten password to the email address, then re-sync and go from there.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:13 AM

thank you for the response. it's not just a forgotten password. she has no idea how the iLok was registered in the first place because she thinks she completely left it up to some old assistant of hers.

she 100% owns it all legitimately and just wants both iLoks to work with the iLok account that she DOES know how to access

there's gotta be some way to do this.

anyone know about this?

thanks
PT Ultimate
Old 10-18-2008, 11:04 AM

The e-mail address is just a notification address associated with an iLok account and you can freely change it to be whatever you want at any time. If the iLok isn't listed under her account, then either it was registered to another account or it wasn't correctly registered at all. I'd suspect the latter, particularly if she has never actually used it to run anything before. If she emails the serial # of the iLok to iLok support, presumably they can help her though I haven't been thru that process. If they don't reply for a day or two, be persistent - in my experience that is sometimes necessary.

Good luck,
Allan