Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 11-30-2020, 12:46 PM

Default MTRX Studio doesn't show up in Dante

I used to have 2 outputs from my MTRX Studio going to Dante, which showed up in Dante Via. I was then able to route these outputs through Dante via to use them as a stereo send for remote mixing in Sessionlink Pro.

I had this working on a Mac trashcan running Mojave, but I'm now on a 2019 Mac Pro on Catalina and using exactly the same network setup, cabling and switch, it doesn't work.
The MTRX Studio no longer shows up in Dante Via?

I have port 1 on the MTRX Studio connected to a switch which then goes into one of the ethernet ports on the Mac. Dadman is working fine and sees the MTRX Studio, but nothing shows in Dante. Either Via or DVS?

Any advice gratefully received.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:37 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio doesn't show up in Dante

Do you mean Dante Controller? That is the app that the MTRX Studio should appear in - it is worth checking that the right network port on the computer is being used by clicking the little network "choose a Dante interface" symbol next to the star on the menu bar. The MTRX won't appear in DVS or VIA, as they are used to create virtual Dante sound cards.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:07 PM
Avid

Audinate still has known issues with the built-in 10G Ethernet ports on the Mac Pro (and other) machines for DVS. Use a USB-C -> Ethernet adapter such as this and it will resolve the issue:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/H...duct-HJKF2ZM/A

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 12-01-2020, 03:07 PM
Avid

Also - we just released updated firmware for MTRX Studio as well as DADman v 5.4.4.2 - which I would recommend updating to.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 12-01-2020, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the replies.
I managed to get it working by changing to en1 in Dante Via preferences.

LDS, MTRX Studio definitely does show up in Dante Via. You can then use Via to route outputs from MTRX Studio to virtual sound drivers in mac. I'm using it for remote streaming of sessions.

Thanks for the heads up on the firmware Jeff, I'll get that updated.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
LDS, MTRX Studio definitely does show up in Dante Via. You can then use Via to route outputs from MTRX Studio to virtual sound drivers in mac. I'm using it for remote streaming of sessions.
Whoops! My apologies. For some reason I thought my DX32 didn't show up in VIA, but I obviously didn't look too hard.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.