Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 10-23-2019, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Monitor Profile intermittent on S6

Will do. I have finally walked out a couple of hours in our dumb stages to try this and hopefully this will resolve the issue. My systems do have Dante enabled. Well I also need an updated Dante Controller software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Greetings,

It is highly recommended to update all of the following for MTRX or AX32:

MainBoard Firmware: 2.3.0.1
Dante Firmware: 1.0.2.1
DADman: 5.3.4 build 3

Feel free to message me or email me directly if you want to discuss your specific monitor profile or update procedures.

[email protected]

best,

Jeff
Old 10-24-2019, 04:07 AM
Avid

Yes indeed. I would recommend updating your Dante Controller to v 4.2.3. There is new a mechanism in Controller to update Dante device firmware - which I've done with some Focusrite products. The last time I updated the MTRX / AX32 Dante firmware was with the Audinate Dante Firmware Update Manager app, however I would love to know if anyone else has done it successfully with the new integrated tools in Controller.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 10-25-2019, 09:45 AM

I have had similar issues with the Trinnov here is some things that might help D-Mon users.

Selecting "intercancel" mode in the S6 settings, with this mode enabled, this leads to a network overflow issue with the D-Mon.

Avid is aware of this bug, since they introduce this source monitoring mode. Trinnov has added a warning message and detection of such a case to avoid the whole system hanging.

If you need to toggle between your sources in your work, I would suggest to select the "Sum" mode on the S6 side, and the "Toggle" on the DMon side. It will act as you would expect.

To change to a summation mode, simply change on the DMon interface.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:34 AM

Jeff,

i have some additional info that might be relevant to this issue. i recently ungraded my system from these versions:

macOS 10.13.6
S6 2018.3
DADman 5.3.1 build 4
Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.12

to these versions:

macOS 10.14.6
S6 2019.9.1
DADman 5.3.4 build 3
Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.6

this was a clean macOS install (not an in-place upgrade). it appears that the current version of DADman (5.3.4 build 3) cannot fully start until WSControl has established a connection with the Avid S6 Master Module. i have DADman and WSControl both set to start automatically at boot up (as most anyone would do using a DAD AX32 in conjunction with an Avid S6). in previous versions, DADman would start normally and load the default .dms and .dmsprof files. now DADman shows a blank/white screen and the cursor beach balls when hovered over the DADman window until WSControl has fully connected with the S6. when i quit WSControl and do the same test DADman starts normally/immediately. this is not a huge problem, as once DADman fully starts and loads the default files it successfully connects with the S6 and functions normally. however this is definitely a change starting with macOS 10.14 Mojave + DADman 5.3.4 build 3 + WSControl 19.9 (i have also tested this with WSControl 19.7 as well).

i emailed the folks at DAD about this but have not received a response. do you have a test system running these current versions of everything? if so can you corroborate this behavior?

thanks
Old 10-26-2019, 11:07 AM
Avid

One of my test systems is currently on:

macOS 10.14.6
Mac Mini 2018
S6 19.9.1.17
DADman 5.3.4.3
(Pro Tools not yet launched)

I am seeing a delay of ~ 35 seconds on the initial launch of DADman which includes auto-load of a pretty hefty .dmprof and .dms file. After the initial launch, each successive launch takes less than 10 seconds to restore the same profiles.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 10-26-2019, 11:16 AM

Jeff,

so then DADman does not fully load until WSControl has connected to the S6, right? this would explain the 30 second delay?

if this is the case try restarting the machine with DADman set to auto-launch, but WSControl set not to auto-launch. when i do this DADman starts right away without delay. can you confirm this?

any idea what would have changed with either DADman or WSControl to explain this behavior?

thanks
Old 10-26-2019, 11:25 AM
Avid

Not exactly.

Before that previous test of launching DADman (not auto-launch) from a cold boot with WSControl set to auto-launch, I launched DADman after WSControl was finished connecting my workstation to the S6.

For the second test I set DADman to auto-launch and WSControl NOT to auto-launch on boot. I observed a nearly exact 35 second load time for DADman.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 10-26-2019, 11:43 AM

Jeff,

so then your tests seem indicate that there is not some interaction between WSControl connecting to the S6 and DADman launch?

during the 35 second delay is your DADman window showing a blank/white screen and your cursor a beach ball while hovering over the DADman window (until DADman finishes loading)?

again, for me, this all seems to have changed since moving to these new versions. not sure which part of the equation is causing the delay.

thanks
Old 10-26-2019, 12:01 PM
Avid

That’s correct. There is no progress indication - just a white blank UI.

A few more bits of data. The load time is identical if WSControl is not launched and also if EUCON is disabled within DADman. I also tested with a new upcoming release of DADman and the load time was identical. I will inquire and report back.

best,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ
Old 10-28-2019, 12:22 PM

I have updated my MTRX, Dante, S6 and Eucontrol to the latest versions as indicated. It worked on day one, but now after the weekend, The monitor section only shows up when Dadman is active. It will not lock to the monitor button. As soon as Pro Tools is active, the monitor sources go away. Also, dim/cut will not function on S6 on either software. I cannot lock/unlock Pro Tools from the transport button either.

Restarted M40 and entire S6. No change. No bueno!