Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Storage Subsystems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2002, 06:59 PM

Default Constant error message HELP PLEASE!

Dear Pro Tools Useres. I am a bit of a newby in the Pro Tools TDM game and am having a little trouble in 2 areas with my system. I hope some of you might be able to help me out.

problem
I create a new session, setup to record audio, get Pro Tools to cut the tracks. Then as I start mixing, adding plugins and such I get an error command that says: "DAE WAS UNABLE TO COMPLETE THIS OPERATION. YOUR DISC MAY BE TOO SLOW OR TOO FRAGMENTED (9073) This locks up my system and the only way to get back is to reboot.
My rig is configured in this way. Pro Tools D24 core card with 2 DSP farms. I'm running this on a Mac 9600 with a G4 upgrade card. It's a Sonnet 455mhz processor. It came with the computer when I bought it however I do also have the 604 card as well. I also have 544meg of ram running system 9.1 Inside is a Seagate 18 gig Barracuda for my startup drive which is at 7200rpm and seek time of 5.9ms
I also have a SCSI wide PCI card installed that services 2 more Seagate Barracuda drives. The card is an HBA express, I use the two drives attached to this card to record the Audio on to using "round robin placement between drives. They are 4.3 gig drives that run @ 7200rpm w/seek time of 9.4ms. I have Low level formatted all of these drives in hopes of removing any fragmentation issues. Disc Doctor says all is fine with the drives. Any clues? I dunno!! I can't use the system at all right now without it locking up and I keep getting that same error message discribed above.

I have downloaded all the info I can and tried various things. Perhaps I should toss the Sonnet card or replace the audio drives with faster ones Again, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks CHRIS