Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2018, 06:53 PM

Default What's up with Plugin Alliance?

Perspective in that they have no obligation to give you a free voucher or run sales.

I certainly don’t get a voucher every month from every other company I’ve bought software from.

The last two PIA vouchers I got enabled me to buy two plugins without having to cough up a cent. I’m sure that my next vouchers will be even higher as I now own more plugins from the company. Plugins which I essentially got for free.

Do you see where I’m going here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2018, 07:18 PM

Default Re: What's up with Plugin Alliance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Perspective in that they have no obligation to give you a free voucher or run sales.

I certainly don’t get a voucher every month from every other company I’ve bought software from.

The last two PIA vouchers I got enabled me to buy two plugins without having to cough up a cent. I’m sure that my next vouchers will be even higher as I now own more plugins from the company. Plugins which I essentially got for free.

Do you see where I’m going here?

But were those plugins you'll actually use or did you get them just to make use of the voucher? If the latter then you're making my point for me. I doubt your next voucher(s) will be higher because, according to you, you spent no actual cash. You just used your frequent flyer miles

My point is if a developer goes the voucher route make sure your clients actually have something they are enticed to spend it on. PIA went against their history this month and there's scant assurance they won't do it again. They've been inconsistent these last few months and to me that doesn't bode well.

QAPLA!
Old 02-28-2018, 08:07 PM

Default What's up with Plugin Alliance?

Not that it makes any difference, but I do use them. I actually use them more than the ones I paid for, possibly because I own the hardware.

Let’s agree to disagree here. To me it’s petty complain about something you are getting for free. To you clearly it’s not.

I hope you get your discount soon.

BTW - the vouchers have gotten higher even though no money has exchanged hands on the last couple of purchases.