Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2017, 10:58 AM

Default Assignable Shortcuts/Key Commands??

Hello everyone! I'm new to PT and have a question. Can you assign/re-assign keyboard shortcuts? I noticed that the shortcut for zooming vertically and horizontally are in complete different areas and I was hoping I could rearrange them. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Assignable Shortcuts/Key Commands??

Keyboard Maestro
Old 09-26-2017, 12:10 PM

There is a way to create new keyboard shortcuts for Mac. I am not sure about Windows, personally.

ON a mac, go to System Preferences>Keyboard>Shortcuts. In the pane on the left, select "App Shortcuts" . Click the + button to create a new shortcut, and select pro tools from the drop down list of apps. Now, for the Menu Title, type in the last step of the command as it is written in the drop-down menu in pro tools. This makes it not the most intuitive or the most efficient way to do it. but it's the only way i know of on a mac to do it at this time.

For example, I set up a keyboard shortcut to clear pan automation on my system. Normally, I would need to use the drop-downs, go to Edit>Clear Special>Pan Automation. So, under Menu Title, I typed in "Pan Automation". Here is the issue, is that there is also an Edit>Copy Special>Pan Automation, and an Edit>Cut Special>Pan Automation. Which means that when I use the keyboard command I set up for this, I am actually doing all three of those things at once with the same keyboard command. For this particular move, it doesn't really matter, as long as I don't mind that whatever was in my clipboard is replaced by the pan automation I am attempting to clear. But it could definitely be a pain in the arse for some commands.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesicily View Post
Keyboard Maestro
+10

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 09-27-2017, 08:26 AM

I'm using a PC and it appears Maestro won't work with Windows. Some say AutoHotKeys should work. I was hoping it would be flexible like Studio One where it allows you to change the shortcuts from within the software. Thanks for the replies guys!