Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2016, 05:40 AM

Default EuCon setup for several devices and workstations

Hi,
I have a little problem setting up my controllers (Artist Control, Artist Mix and Pro Tools Control) to work with three different Pro Tools workstations.
My main setup ist Pro Tools 10 HD using Artist Control and Artist Mix with EuCon 2.7.1 on Mac OS 10.6.8.
The second system is Pro Tools 11.x HD with EuCon 3.21 on Mac OS 10.8.5 that works flawlessly with the two controllers as well.
My third system is Pro Tools 12.5 HD with EuCon 3.4 on Mac OS 10.10.2 that works flawlessly with the iPad App but not with the other ones.
Ideally I would like to be able to use all three devices with all three systems. Is that possible? Is there a EuCon version that covers all those Mac OS and Pro Tools versions?
Actually there are funny anomalies in EuCon: 2.7.1 recognizes the iPad App but can't add it to the My Surfaces list. EuCon 3.21 does not see the iPad App at all. EuCon 3.4 on the newest system sees the App and the Artist Mix but not the Artist Control. Maybe it's a firmware thing…
Any help appreciated.

Best

Mark
Old 08-18-2016, 08:58 AM

Default Re: EuCon setup for several devices and workstations

I am confused on how you can physically run 3 different systems from the same working position? In any case, some issue may be due to the different versions of PT and different versions of Eucon(which might require different firmware in the Artist hardware). As for Control and the iPad, what do you have for a router? I found I had much better(and consistent) communication with a 5G dual-band router(so if you have a cheap router, that may be the issue)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-18-2016, 10:04 AM

As Albee said, its the firmware update on each Eucon version on the Artist series units so running on all systems with the same units is a no go.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-19-2016, 12:00 AM

Thanks for your answers. Artist Control and Mix work without a problem on PT10 (with EuCon 2.71, MacOS 10.6.8) and PT11 (with EuCon 3.21, MacOS 10.8.5). There has been no need to change the firmware so far. Now I added the iPad App with the very new EuCon and the anomalies started...
Btw: I'm working in two rooms, one has two workstations the other one only one. I'm taking the units with me if I move to the other room.

Best

Mark