Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 AM

Default 003 - MPC out of sync, weird noises on the recordings and so on

Well hello there,

I'm having problems with PT LE 8.0.4 and my Digi 003 since a few days out of nowhere. Everything used to work, but now it doesn't anymore. And I don't have a clue why.

It started off when I tried to record a loop from my MPC 1000. Instead of playing it correctly, it played with random tempo changes. Really strange. Ok, so I made a restart and this was gone. But after that, when I started recording, the MPC started playing at the right time, but the recording started later. So, the first kick wasn't on the recording.

So I started to read alot of threads and alot of other websites about this, but nothing helped. After trying around with the settings, I noticed, that it got better, when I put the buffer size down. Ok, latency, so I think. So I put the buffer down, but then I had weird noises on the recording. Ok, not enough computer power. So I put the buffer back up again, rerecord, and somehow then the left and the right channels in the stereo file became off sync. It was like a chorus or something was on it.

Good, so I thought, maybe I just need to put down the quality from 24bit 96khz to 16bit 48khz, because maybe suddenly my computer became too slow for first one. But that had exactly the opposite effect of what I expected.

Then I tried out other qualities. And suddenly, when I pressed record, the MPC 1000 started to play slower than he should, even if the bpm was set exactly the same.

Good, tried around other qualities and other preference settings, and now, when I mark a 4 bar loop, the MPC just keeps on playing over the 4 bar loop, but all in slowmotion.

I don't even know anymore, what my starting preferences were.

Anyone got an idea?
Old 02-20-2012, 02:46 PM

Default Re: 003 - MPC out of sync, weird noises on the recordings and so on

Ok, I've deinstalled Pro Tools and the drivers for the 003, and reinstalled everything. Now, it works again. No clue, what went wrong.