Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2001, 04:25 PM

Default Re: World Trade Center

The effect of this act of terrorism has been felt all over the world. Here in the UK the news spread within hours. I watched in horror, in fact I am still watching, I feel numb.
It was like watching a movie, but I know I will wake up tomorrow and it will still have happened.
I send my heart to you all in the USA.

ROB
Old 09-11-2001, 04:30 PM

May GOD be with you all. My heart goes out to all the innocent people who been caught up with of this.
WORLD PEACE TOOK A BIG BATTERING TODAY.
"LEST WE FORGET"

Love to you all......Nick
Old 09-11-2001, 06:16 PM

Were there any studios in the area that were damaged? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2001, 07:28 PM

that's the least of the concern.
Old 09-11-2001, 07:53 PM

Our hearts, prayers, and blood go out to the victims and rescuers in NY and Wash. Let us pray for level-headed unity in the wake of this.
Old 09-11-2001, 08:08 PM

I'm extremely concerned that someone I may have talked to on this board may have been hurt by this attack. There are a lot of studios in NYC [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2001, 08:32 PM

We were sitting in a meeting this morning with our friends from Glyph going over some new products when an announcement was made about this, we all had a stunned look. I went home for lunch to see the TV and was wondering what I was seeing was real... I was stunned. Now that I am home for the evening watching on every station and seeing over and over what is happening, I can't help not to cry while watching such unspeakable actions..... It's a total shame.

I have many customers all over the world including quite a bit in NYC. I spoke to some of them today. I have customers that work in that building or nearbye where music is their hobby or something on the side. Some of these "customers" have come to be some of the greatest people I have ever known..... When you break it down, we are all human beings and when something like this happens, you join together to become stronger. But when something like this happens to Americans.... it only builds us up in human spirit greater than ever before. I'm sad to know that some of these people I have dealt with for the past 5 years may no longer be alive or may have lost someone in their family. To me they are not customers, but good friends! :-(

My sympathies go out to everyone involved... may God heal your pains and sorrow... To those that live in the area, take care of your friends and neighbors should they need anything.... I know this sounds stupid, but help provide meals to rescuers, provide water, clothing, BLOOD, anything you can do... it's the right thing to do. Even if you can only help one, that's one more being helped. I am sorry, this is just all so sad yet so real! :-(
Old 09-12-2001, 12:43 AM

Default World Trade Center

My heart goes out to all that is lost and all whom is helping. I've taken for granted alot of things and I'm grateful. My father fought for our freedom. I love my freedom. I'm sad.

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2001, 12:57 AM

Our hearts are with the innocent people killed and injured in this shameless act of terrorism. Time stood still. We wish all people involved the courage to endure this terrible time.

God bless.

Barnier Geerling
Alexander Beddow
(The Netherlands)

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: imperium ]
Old 09-12-2001, 04:38 AM

My name is Peter and I live in Sweden.
Im totally crushed.
I feel an enormous sadness.
My wishes goes to all the victims and their familys.

We got to help each other through this.

Love from Sweden.