Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Avid

Default Re: Audio Record or Playback Volume Error Info

Quote:
Well Folks,
I'm another with the same problem. Audio Drive not recognized. I have tried EVERYTHING listed above, and have been working on this for a month with no results. Purchased new HDs (gone through 3), Interface card, just to get this going. I have an MBox, with 6.9 that came with the MBox. I have no earlier editions of Pro Tools. Reformats, permissions checked, everything ...still Nada. I am running Tiger on G4 Sawtooth without the 6.9.2 update, and cannot get my 800 Firewire OWC drive to be recognized. Because I tried it earlier, and it caused more problems, I didn't use the update. Well, today I updated to 6.9.2, and upon loading Pro Tools it will not recognize the hardware, giving me the only option to cancel, and close Pro Tools. Right now it's either don't use the update and look at Pro Tools on the computer, and not record, or use the update and Pro Tools doesn't load at all. It's been a month, I 've worked on this to no avail. I haven't received a response from Support , and that's been over two weeks. I don't mind a little beta testing for Digi, but I need to get to work, as Beta testing is not paying the bills. ANYONE that has experienced this or other suggestions not mentioned above, I would be trult grateful.
What OS version are you running (the exact OS version)?

When you say you've purchased an 'interface card' - what type of card is this? Is the drive connected directly to a FW port on the computer, or is it possibly connected to a FW card?

Have you tried connecting the Mbox to a different USB port on the computer? After doing the update, have you tried trashing preferences and database files, or tried creating a new admin account and see if things work under the new account?

When you say you haven't received a response from support, how did you contact support? Did you use the Tech Support Request Form?
Old 09-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hi,

I have a new Powerbook that came with Tiger 10.4 and I just bought an Mbox with PT 6.9 and after getting the error message "session must be on an audio record volume" on my internal hard drive, I saw here that I needed to install the 6.9.2 updater. Well, I downloaded the updater and after installing PT 6.9, tried to then install 6.9.2 and it gave me a "cannot find a MAC OS 9 system folder on the startup disk to use".... I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling PT 6.9, repairing the permissions, and I can't seem to get the updater 6.9.2 to install. I don't have Internet access on the Powerbook, so I downloaded 6.9.2 onto a PC and burned a disk but shouldn't that be ok? Do I need to update to 10.4.1 before 6.9.2. will work??

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
It seems it may be trying to launch OS 9 to be able to 'unstuff' the installer for Pro Tools 6.9.2. As indicated on the download page for the 6.9.2 update, Tiger no longer comes with Stuffit Expander, so you need to download it, install it and then you'll be able to unstuff the installer for 6.9.2.

You can download Stuffit at www.stuffit.com.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:01 PM

Thank You.

1. OS 10.4 (Retail version) directly as it came from the store.

2. The FW Card is a LaCie FireWire 800 PCI Card. The HD is connected directly into this card. The computer itself only has FW 400 ports. I had tried the FW 400 ports and same problems occured so I got the 800 to see if that improved the situation.

3. I tried multiple times to connect to every USB port in the computer, and even the peripherals, even though it was against recommendation. You never know sometimes.

4. I did trash the indicated files, tried a new admin account. Purchased a new HD and Installed the OS, PT Fresh, a couple of times, checked all permissions after each action on the HD.

5. I did use the tech request form, outlining the same as above, and previous post on 8/31/2005.

My system is not connected to the internet, MAC G4 Sawtooth, 1 Gig mem. 400MHz processor, Maxtor 150 gig HD, and Seagate 120 Mg Internals, and a FW OWC 80 Gig external (for audio). Besides the LaCie card, there is an audiomedia III card inatalled as well. That about sums up the computer system.

Thank you for your response.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Avid

Medbear - first, you have to remove the AMIII card from the computer. You can only have 1 Digidesign interface installed at any one time.

Once you've done that, see if you can launch Pro Tools and check that the drive is recognized and usable as a record volume.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Medbear - first, you have to remove the AMIII card from the computer. You can only have 1 Digidesign interface installed at any one time.

Once you've done that, see if you can launch Pro Tools and check that the drive is recognized and usable as a record volume.

Dear DigiTechSupt,

Thank you...removing the AMIII card did the trick. Up and running with a good audio record drive.
Thank you also for your patience with me and the others. It is really appreciated.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:15 AM

Thank you so much, that was the answer to the problem!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:20 AM

Default EXTERNAL OR INTERNAL HARD DISK????

HELLO
MY EXTERNAL FIREWIRE HD COMITE SUICIDE. SO I PUT ANOTHER INTERNAL SEAGATE DISK OF 250GB.
ITS OK THAT I USE ANOTHER INTERNAL DISK FOR MY SCRATCH DISK OR NOT?

G5 2.0 DUAL
ONE INTERNAL 160GB
ONE INTERNAL 250GB
DIGI 002 RACK
PT 6.9.2
OSX 10.4.2
THANK YOU ADMIN
LEO
Old 10-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Avid

Default Re: EXTERNAL OR INTERNAL HARD DISK????

Yes, this should work just fine.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:19 AM

If I have to reformat, I will have huge problem, as I have approx. 30-40 Gigs of Audio on the drive, with no where to put it.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:35 PM

Quote:
If I have to reformat, I will have huge problem, as I have approx. 30-40 Gigs of Audio on the drive, with no where to put it.
Does this mean you've already tried going to the workspace browser and changing the drive to 'R'? If the drive was originally formatted using Apple's Disk Utility, then changing it to 'R' should work, but if you didn't format it, or formatted it with some 3rd party utility, you're going to have to find a way to back up the drive and start fresh.
Closed Thread