Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-16-2020, 07:36 AM

Default PT7 LE not coverting songs to wav. for mastering

I went to bounce a song to Disk so I could Master it in TRacks24 and it's not doing it. Everything is set to bounce as a wav. at 48Hz. but it doesn't covert it to work in TRacks24, and actually it's not bouncing to Disk at all.

anybody else having this issue and what is the solution?

thanks.

GMP
Old 02-16-2020, 03:17 PM

Default Re: PT7 LE not coverting songs to wav. for mastering

Do you have a little teensy weensy region selected? Make sure to select the whole timeline from in point to out point to avoid bouncing too much pre or post.

You can always route everything to a new audio track and record the mix that way.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 02-17-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Do you have a little teensy weensy region selected? Make sure to select the whole timeline from in point to out point to avoid bouncing too much pre or post.

You can always route everything to a new audio track and record the mix that way.
yes, I'm selecting the entire timeline track as I've always done.

and No, I haven't tried the routing thing...can you give me a crash lesson on how that process is done please? thanks.

GMP
Old 02-17-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
the routing thing
Route your 2-mix to another aux track instead of output and move your master fader plugins there. Then route to another audio track and set it to record. In the end your last audio track has fader at unity, no plugins, output to your monitor, and it records what you are hearing.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Route your 2-mix to another aux track instead of output and move your master fader plugins there. Then route to another audio track and set it to record. In the end your last audio track has fader at unity, no plugins, output to your monitor, and it records what you are hearing.
Thanks, I'll try this

GMP
Old 02-18-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Ok, wait a minute, I have never used Master Fader before. I just mix each track, plugins, etc...and save the whole thing.

How do I Create a Master Fader track? and what is a "2-mix"

GMP
Old 02-18-2020, 09:19 PM

PT mixer has a master fader for every output. They are not visible by default, but if you create one you can control the output and add post-fader plugins.

If you don't use it your track printing is much simpler. Just create an audio track with for example input assigned to "mix" buss. Then route its output to your monitors and output of your mix to "mix" buss instead of straight to monitors. This way you can record what you hear.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
PT mixer has a master fader for every output. They are not visible by default, but if you create one you can control the output and add post-fader plugins.

If you don't use it your track printing is much simpler. Just create an audio track with for example input assigned to "mix" buss. Then route its output to your monitors and output of your mix to "mix" buss instead of straight to monitors. This way you can record what you hear.
Okay, I'll try that now, THANKS!!!

GMP
Old 02-24-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:

dude I think I'm doing something wrong. can you send me some screenshots of which route to take? my email is [email protected]

any help is highly appreciated.

GMP
Old 02-25-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:

It's not working. It won't even convert the track to wav or AIFF

GMP