Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2000, 07:44 PM

Default Lost Authorizations...Again?

I sat down at my computer today and put in the authorization disk for D-Fi to remove the authorization so that I could upgrade to OS9. I was informed that my key disk was corrupted and could no longer be used. Same thing with D-fx. I was able to successfully deauthorize Digital Performer 2.4 and SoundDiver 2.0.10 and ZAP 1.5. This is the 2nd time this has happed to me. I don't have Key Disk Terminator, so I'm at a loss once again. Is there something I can do to reclaim my authorizations?
Old 01-11-2000, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Lost Authorizations...Again?

Darrell

Have you tried deauthorizing them with extensions off. This is the best way to authorize and deauthorize floppy's on Apple CPU's that don't require an external floppy drive with extensions.

Did you in any way run Norton on the disks? Are they being stored properly, out of the sun and any moisture not near any magnetic devices? Just checking for this will certainly corrupt them.

There's also need to deauthorize the plug-ins when upgrading the OS. The authorizations will not be effected by this process. If you do need new keys please call into Digidesign Tech Support at 1 650/842-6699 and a Tech will verify your registration and address and send the appropriate disks.

Brad

[This message has been edited by Techsupt2 (edited January 12, 2000).]
Old 01-12-2000, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Lost Authorizations...Again?

Thanks for the tips Brad. I wanted to remove the authorizations so that I could reformat the HD before upgrading to OS9. I haven't run Norton on the disks and they've been stored in a Disk-O-Tech floppy case. No magnetic sources either. The funny thing is that the other authorization floppies are OK. I'm assuming it's some sort PACE issue. I'll call tech support today.