Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 02-14-2020, 05:43 AM

Default Re: HD OMNI stand-alone without PT running

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Theoretically yes, but why would you have two as only one ÓMNI can be preent in DigiLink chain when you run PT... what did I miss here?
I didn't mention . At one point it looked like I was going to be involved in a start up of a small commercial studio , as well as still keep my home studio. So in anticipation I jumped on a sale happening at a brick and mortar Pro Audio store, that was blowing out inventory to make a location change.
But ultimately the second studio did not happen, so I ended up with a second OMNI.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 03-28-2022, 03:51 PM

Running AvidAudioServerLauncher used to work for me, but after a PT Ultimate version upgrade awhile back it has stopped working properly. Now one of two things happens when I run the launcher - either nothing, or the settings window pops open on the first tab and is completely frozen. I can't switch to input / output / mixer tabs for example, and must CMD-Q to quit the applet. I recall reading that apparently the ability to bypass PT to access this panel was removed by Avid.

If someone here can confirm that this is still supposed to work, I'll much appreciate it.

Sky

Mac Studio M2 Max 12/30/64GB/4TB, RME UFX III, Pro Tools Ultimate, MacOS Ventura.
Old 03-28-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytouch View Post
Running AvidAudioServerLauncher used to work for me, but after a PT Ultimate version upgrade awhile back it has stopped working properly. Now one of two things happens when I run the launcher - either nothing, or the settings window pops open on the first tab and is completely frozen. I can't switch to input / output / mixer tabs for example, and must CMD-Q to quit the applet. I recall reading that apparently the ability to bypass PT to access this panel was removed by Avid.

If someone here can confirm that this is still supposed to work, I'll much appreciate it.

Sky
I had this happen to me, as well as the outputs only allowing up to 2.0. I uninstalled the HD Driver and reinstalled the previous version's. It worked fine after that. However, the latest release, the HD Driver seems to be working fine for me.

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 04-07-2022, 12:04 AM

Thanks Ryan. I’ve been in an older PT / High Sierra setup but will update soon with a M1 Mac purchase. So maybe this will sort itself out.

Sky

Mac Studio M2 Max 12/30/64GB/4TB, RME UFX III, Pro Tools Ultimate, MacOS Ventura.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
To clarify the HD Omni guide as shown is a bit confusing it states using it to pass audio from CD player to monitors (which one would assume is audio in straight through to audio out) ??? BUT because in the lightbulb "hint" just below the Hardware Mixer Tab states using it as a stand alone "converter" not wether or not it will pass audio straight through ?

Here is my issue I ended up with two OMNI's. (So I will designate them A (main) and B (standalone) BUT unfortunately PT will not allow me to connect the via digilink expansion port . Like other AVID I/O devices, and have it show as a second OMNI or I/O

So what I would like to do is to be able to use it (B) as a stand alone mic pre to add two more mic inputs and outputs to my system, Use Audio 1-2 (mic pres) on it (B) and then route via line out 1/4 it into analog 3-4 line in of my main OMNI (A) running PT... IS this possible ? If I set it up as per the shown mixer setup ? I am assuming I would have to first digilink it (B) to my computer (as if were the main OMNI) and set this up then switch the digilink back to (A) And use it "standalone" from it's mon outs on (B) to go into the 3-4 Audio line in's on my (A) OMNI ?
You might be able to access the Mic Pre output via the inserts without needing to run the signal through the mixer or monitor control.