Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2003, 07:34 AM

Default Vocal special effects....

Hey guys,

I did a search but couldnt find exactly what I was looking for. Could some recommend some good ideas or plugins that could apply a nice filter lfo to a vocal?? I wanted that 'warbly' effect of a filter sweeping up and down or some similar effects. I tried doing some filter automation in McDSP but it didnt seem to work.

Thanks guys!

Adam
Old 08-12-2003, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Vocal special effects....

http://www.soundtoys.com/soundtoys/filterfreak/
Old 08-12-2003, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pk_hat:
http://www.soundtoys.com/soundtoys/filterfreak/
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I can't download the MP3 demos here at work for that particular plug in because of our firewall. Can anyone tell me if this would be good for creating some different microphone simulation effects (think Kim Deal at the beginning of the Breeder's "Cannonball"...check check!) or is there a microhpone simulator plug in that would be better suited for that?

Gary
Old 08-12-2003, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Garissimo:
Can anyone tell me if this would be good for creating some different microphone simulation effects (think Kim Deal at the beginning of the Breeder's "Cannonball"...check check!) or is there a microhpone simulator plug in that would be better suited for that?

Gary
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">a ittle distortion and a 1khz bandpass filter should do the trick for that one. Maybe you can download the demo from somewhere else and try it, only you will know how well you like it.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:43 PM

I downloaded and installed the demo...my computer keeps crashing... argh.. anyone have any ideas?? I had to turn on the internet config extension too??? weird...