Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2018, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Shortcut To Disable All Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Could you summarize what key combo that does this? The confusion over bypass vs deactivate... is making this hard to follow.
Sorry BScout, my bad for using 'disable' when I meant deactivate. I'm sorry, I got it mixed up.

Last edited by lesbrunn; 01-29-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
On Windows ctrl+click bypass only one plugin and the windows logo key+click bypass that plugin and all the following plugins in the track. I probably got the Mac equivalent of the windows key wrong from the graphic I used, if you find the right equivalent please report back to make a note about it.
Now I've tested it, PT10.3.10 om mac 10.6.8, I found no key combination to bypass or inactivate the plugin and every plugin after it.

Control-click does nothing, Alt-click does nothing (reserved for copy-drag, i guess), cmd-click bypasses the plugin you click, and ctrl-cmnd-click inactivates the plugin you click on.

And I found one that I had forgot about; Shift-click forces the plugin window to open in, I guess, default position on screen, like top left.

And the key equivalents mac/win I think goes like this:
Shift = shift
Control = control/start
Apple/command = Windows/command
Option = Alt

Last edited by Ben Jenssen; 01-29-2018 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Shift-click was sensured. I guess I forgot the F.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Now I've tested it, PT10.3.10 om mac 10.6.8, I found no key combination to bypass or inactivate the plugin and every plugin after it.

Control-click does nothing, Alt-click does nothing (reserved for copy-drag, i guess), cmd-click bypasses the plugin you click, and ctrl-cmnd-click inactivates the plugin you click on.

And I found one that I had forgot about; Shift-click forces the plugin window to open in, I guess, default position on screen, like top left.

Shift = shift
Control = control/start
Option = Alt
Doesn't shift+A do anything to selected tracks? Command+option+click?
Old 01-29-2018, 03:25 PM

Ok I'm on my windows system right now and this is what i found ! PT 18.1

Ctrl+Alt+Click = bypass the plugins that row horizontal in all tracks

Win+Alt+Click = bypass all the plugins on the session . Depends what insert you click . it bypass all plugins below

Shift+Win+Click = bypass all the plugins on that track . Depends what insert you click . it bypass all plugins below

Ctrl+Win+Alt = Make inactive the plugins in that row horizontal in all tracks

Didn't found any shortcut to make all the plugins inactive with the open session .
Old 01-29-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
Ok I'm on my windows system right now and this is what i found ! PT 18.1

Ctrl+Alt+Click = bypass the plugins that row horizontal in all tracks

Win+Alt+Click = bypass all the plugins on the session . Depends what insert you click . it bypass all plugins below

Shift+Win+Click = bypass all the plugins on that track . Depends what insert you click . it bypass all plugins below

Ctrl+Win+Alt = Make inactive the plugins in that row horizontal in all tracks

Didn't found any shortcut to make all the plugins inactive with the open session .
Sorry bro, you are right. I had to edit this. I wasn't in Pro Tools, and I got it mixed up.

Last edited by lesbrunn; 01-29-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:28 PM

Hey guys, sorry about the wild goose chase. The shortcuts jeam25 posted are right, and I'm back to square one! There seems to be no shortcut to deactivate all plugins in an open session, though it can be done row after row. If Avid can do it for bypassing all plugins, why shouldn't it be possible for deactivating all plugins?
Old 01-29-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post

Shift = shift
Control = control/start
Option = Alt
Thank you Ben! Shift+click allows you to open several plugins at the same time, very conveniently they all open on the top left corner.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Shift+A does that on any selected track, no need to click. Maybe you mean disable? Windows
Edit. It's the same.
Quote:
Thanks for this one!
Old 01-29-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
Sorry bro, you are right. I had to edit this. I wasn't in Pro Tools, and I got it mixed up.
No problem my friend !
Old 01-29-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
Shift+A does that on any selected track, no need to click. Maybe you mean disable? Windows
Edit. It's the same.

Thanks for this one!
Yes Shift+a do the same thing on the selected track .