How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2018, 02:52 PM

Default Fastest way to export committed tracks

Hello!

I have a question regarding export tracks. When I track guitar, I usually go direct with a reactive load and use IR's. What would be the fastest way for me to get my individual guitar tracks exported with the IR printed into the file? I know I can commit, but then the tracks say ".cm" after them. I'd rather the name be cleaner. For ex. if the name of the track is GTR 1, it'll be GTR 1.cm. I however can't delete the ".cm" before exporting because there is already the previous consolidated track that says GTR 1 after committing it. Would I just export the consolidated tracks to a folder, then rename the wav files out of pro tools one by one? Anything less tedious or something that I'm missing, or a better workflow?
Old 07-30-2018, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Fastest way to export committed tracks

Hello
I've found that naming a track with the desired name would print that into the consolidated file name. So if you have the GTR1 label for the track the consolidated would be "GTR1 01" and so on. That way you don't have to rename the exported file.

Hope that's helpful
Old 07-30-2018, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Fastest way to export committed tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by veinticinco View Post
Hello
I've found that naming a track with the desired name would print that into the consolidated file name. So if you have the GTR1 label for the track the consolidated would be "GTR1 01" and so on. That way you don't have to rename the exported file.

Hope that's helpful
Got ya! Thanks for the reply! The only problem with that though is that if I consolidate the file, it won't print my IR insert into it, so I'm looking for the best way to get that printed to the track and renamed properly.