Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2017, 03:00 AM

Default Pro Tools 12 messed up audio from Chrome

Greetings everyone! I've encountered a strange problem and hope that maybe some of you might have ideas on that. The point is - after I've installed Pro Tools 12 on my Windows 10 I started getting glitches in the audio played from Chrome. The audio will play fine, then after some time I get a pack of glitches, around 3-4 of them, and then it's fine again, and then after some time - glitches again. Pro Tools itself is not open at this moment. The sound files from my hard drive seem to play back fine, without glitches. Any ideas?
Old 10-11-2017, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 messed up audio from Chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalvi View Post
Greetings everyone! I've encountered a strange problem and hope that maybe some of you might have ideas on that. The point is - after I've installed Pro Tools 12 on my Windows 10 I started getting glitches in the audio played from Chrome. The audio will play fine, then after some time I get a pack of glitches, around 3-4 of them, and then it's fine again, and then after some time - glitches again. Pro Tools itself is not open at this moment. The sound files from my hard drive seem to play back fine, without glitches. Any ideas?
Yeah - don't use the audio interface you're using for PT with Windows sounds. PT has probably grabbed the interface and won't let it go with the thing being here sample rate is more likely than not set for PT. Did you run PT before trying to listen to web audio through Chrome?

QAPLA!
Old 10-12-2017, 01:33 AM

Yes, I did, but, as I said, Pro Tools is not running when I'm having these problems.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:41 AM

^^Doesn’t matter....Win 10 (even 7 for that matter) and Pro Tools don’t like to share sound devices. Best to use the onboard sound card for all Windows-related sounds, and let PT have your interface.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:15 AM

I see... But it's not that all windows-related sounds are messed up this way. When I play audio from my computer through a media player, it's fine. It seems like only Chrome is having troubles.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalvi View Post
I see... But it's not that all windows-related sounds are messed up this way. When I play audio from my computer through a media player, it's fine. It seems like only Chrome is having troubles.
Doesn't matter that some windows sounds play okay - you've been given the answer to fix your problems.

QAPLA!
Old 10-12-2017, 07:53 AM

Ok, thanks!