Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 12-03-2013, 09:08 AM

Default Stuck Sample Rate

This is odd. I was working with Sibelius First, yesterday and then started a PT session. I wanted to change the sample rate for the new session but it was stuck at 44.1. Even the Eleven rack utility would not change. I don't remember this happening before.

No big deal. I closed Sibelius, restarted PT and was able to change the sample rate as normal.

I can fire up Sibelius, and no issues. No problems changing sample rates for the PT session with Sibelius First running after restarting PT.

Weird. I never noticed it before. Like I said, no biggie, easy to fix just wondered if anyone else has seen this.

I haven't installed PT 11 yet...it is still sitting in my account until I finish this project that I am late on.

But as long as it is finished for Christmas Eve services I will be OK. Just so you didn't worry.

"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, well, it is likely due to the amount of manure being spread on that side of the fence." Cowboy Bob

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
Pro Tools Ultimate (2024.3.1)| Pro Tools Carbon | Sibelius Ultimate (2024.3.1)
|
M2 Max Mac Studio w/64GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Mac OS 14.4.1| (Main Rig) |
3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor iMac w/40GB RAM | 1TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 |

Avid Eleven Rack ERXP | Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X |

Old 12-03-2013, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Stuck Sample Rate

What driver version?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-04-2013, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Stuck Sample Rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
What driver version?
1.1.6 I believe. Not in the studio at the moment though.

Yup 1.1.6 I checked my cloud storage and that was the driver that I had in there. i KNOW that is the driver that is loaded.

"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, well, it is likely due to the amount of manure being spread on that side of the fence." Cowboy Bob

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
|
3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor iMac w/40GB RAM | 1TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 |

Old 12-05-2013, 06:33 AM

Default UPDATE-Stuck Sample Rate-UPDATE

Here is an update; It is long so bear with me.

I noticed that this problem did not occur when using Guitar Pro prior to launching Pro Tools, only when launching Sibelius First, first. OK as I said, no biggie. just launch Sibelius after I launch Pro Tools even if no session is opened or started, no problem. I can change sample rates all over the place.

I don't know how long this problem has been around as I just encountered it last week. It could have been the win7 update that I just applied or that I had just never constructed the right circumstance.

Anyway, I had PT 10.3.7 and PT 11.0.2 sitting in my account so I figured I'd go ahead and install 10.3.7 to see if that corrected the issue I was having. (YES I had a complete BACKUP )

Installed it over 10.3.4 without a hitch. Launched and tested it and everything was there and worked OK. I shut everything down and started up again fresh. Launched Sibelius, then Pro Tool, and damn....the sample rate is stuck again. OK still no biggie I know how to get around that so my project will not suffer.

BTW have you ever noticed how the pro bono projects seems to eat up more time than the paying ones? But I digress.

So I said to myself, Bob, I call myself Bob, you've done some fool things in your life but none lately, so why not go ahead and install Pro Tools 11.0.2? I mean 10.3.7 is working so I can still finish this project and just MAYBE the issue will be fixed.

11.0.2 and the Creative collection installed, I launched Pro Tools 11. DAMN the problem still exists. Even worse when I open a session that I was JUST WORKING on PT 11 tells me that there are CPU errors 3 seconds after I hit play. WTF? OK I will deal with it later. Back to work with 10.3.7.

Finished working for moment, I puzzled and puzzed 'til my puzzler was sore. I KNOW i saw something on the DUC that might address this.

So to cut to the chase, here is what I found; Windows was using the 11R, and the 003 for that matter, as its default sound card, and would freeze the sample rate at whatever it was using.

With both interfaces attached and turned on, I changed the Windows default sound card to the Realtek

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I can change sample rates in 10.3.7 AND PT 11.0.2 runs without a hitch. I don't know why, but it seemed that sound card issue also took care of the CPU errors that PT 11 was having. It actually uses nearly 1/3 less CPU resources according the the meter on the same sessions that I was working on in PT 10. I am STOKED. Aside from the annoyance of not having the 11R window in PT11, I love it so far. It launches faster, seems to run better than PT10....smoother I dunno. I am pleased nonetheless.

I have stated on the forum before that I have had zero issues with hardware since beginning with PTMP 7 way back when. Well that isn't quite true. I have had minor hiccups, but I have always been able to find or other wise get the solution or a direction from the old M-Audio forum at first and the DUC. Thanks y'all.

So that is why this is such a long post....perhaps someone else will find it helpful.

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
|