Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-13-2011, 05:39 PM

Default Error driving me crazy!!!

Setup:
Macbook Pro, OSX 10.6.3. 2 Ext hard drives. 1 sfx TB drive, 1 750 gb work drive, daisy chained like this: computer-sfx drive-work drive.
Mbox2, dv toolkit 2, LE 8.0.1.

Working on a film, used to working on a tower with lots of firewire ports. Laptop has 1 800 port. Running firewire 800 cables all through the chain. There shouldn't be a bottleneck.

Problem:
After making 5-6 edits, I get an error, and PT freezes. The error reads:

"Illegal Transaction"in Thread "Main Thread", at address 0x0

I have thrown out all digi prefs, followed the guide that digi recommends for failure. After rebuilding the plugin folders, etc. I was feeling good about things, started to edit again, and literally after 4 edits it froze again.

A note about how I am getting my sfx into my session; I'm using the PT file finder, NOT file import. So, I find the files I want, and drag them into the session. Most times it works, but all it takes is the one time. I wait until the file has processed fully before editing, cutting and dragging the file. This is a cumbersome way of working, but it's all I have. I have soundminer on my other system, but that isn't available to me now.

Please, if anyone has insight, info, or has had this problem and solved it, please let me in on the secret.

Thanks
R.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Error driving me crazy!!!

I can't offer any specific advice apart from seeing if this had been addressed in any PT8 updates.

You're using 8.0.1, and there's been a recent Avid update to 8.0.5 available as a free download.

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=393663

Maybe it will help......?

All the best

Old 03-14-2011, 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=JazzyJ;1766081]I can't offer any specific advice apart from seeing if this had been addressed in any PT8 updates.

You're using 8.0.1, and there's been a recent Avid update to 8.0.5 available as a free download.

Thanks, however, since this has occured, I've been reading all the forums and such. Since I have the old mbox2, the last formal upgrade that PT has for this is up to 8.0.1.

I also wanted to add a note. I've noticed that if I import ".wav" files, meaning, with the .wav at the end of the file, this seems to happen more often. Can anyone else vouch for this?

Thanks for the response.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:22 PM

Not sure what you mean by 'an old Mbox2'.

PT 8.0.5 will work with ANY Mbox2.

It's the original light blue and grey upright Mbox that is not supported.

Mbox micro, Mbox mini, Mbox2 and Mbox2 Pro are all supported on the most recent of releases.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:09 PM

Hmmm, really? I was under the impression that with my laptop (macbook pro, 10.6.3) and the newer mbox2 (dark blue with light gray body), that I could only upgrade to 8.0.1!? I wish those digi support people really gave a crap and would answer these questions clearly. The new website sucks balls.

I will re-read the compatibility page (ugh). Thanks for your insight though. I really appreciate it. Who knows, maybe that's the problem??
Old 03-14-2011, 03:25 PM

Ok, thanks JazzyJ for the link. I re-read, and you are definitely right! Whether this works or not is another issue. I have one question though. Do you know if I have to sequentially upgrade to 8.0.5 (ie: install 8.0.4 then 8.0.5), or can I just install 8.0.5?
Thanks