Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2018, 06:10 AM

Default HDX Peripheral Loopback Test Connector Fail with AVID I/O

We just moved to a new facility. So bear in mind that we had to re-install our machines and are dealing with the new building power, etc. So while great care was taken with all our installation, and everything has been working great for a week, could there be an issue that occurred when connecting everything?

We had a session yesterday on our HDX rig - which has been running fine daily for years and for the past two weeks in our new facility (Mac Pro - Mountain Lion - PT 10.4). Intermittent noise bursts (3x in 4 hours). After the session we ran Digitest and failed on Peripheral Loopback Test connection.

We swapped digilink cables and adapters and still had the same failure

We then swapped in an HD Native card which passed Digitest. This suggests to us a failure on the HDX card, not an interface issue.

We have also trashed preferences.

Please advise.

Is this common? Does this happen? Could this be an install issue - we did try re-seating the HDX card after the successful test with the HD Native, but it still failed.

Another issue possibly related or unrelated was in another room of our facility we had a catastrophic failure of one of our MacPros - the HD Native card was unrecognizable. We swapped in an HD Accel Core which could be seen but audio was terrible (low and distorting). We have since replaced with another Mac Pro HD3 rig and all is well.

Could both issues be related somehow? Power? We are running Furman rack mounted line conditioners + UPS.

I just purchased Furman P-1800 AR's for both rooms to try and remove power as an issue.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Markk; 09-15-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:36 AM

Default Re: HDX Peripheral Loopback Test Connector Fail with AVID I/O

Machine wise what changed?
Disconnect all digilinks at the card and run digi test.

Same PCIe slot, Same power connection feed to the HDX, Same Video card,
How many I/O 192's Loop Sync fully looped Out's to In's.

Interface related maybe
Old 09-15-2018, 02:44 PM

Nothing changed machine wise. Everything was the same. All gear the same. All cables the same.

Just 1 192 which is fine with the new had native card.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markk View Post
Nothing changed machine wise. Everything was the same. All gear the same. All cables the same.

Just 1 192 which is fine with the new had native card.
Hi, did you find the issue? I've changed my mac and this issue came...
Best!!!