Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 10-22-2019, 04:05 PM

Default Profile/SC48 - Glitching sounds in recorded audio

Hey all,

I recently received a bunch of mutlitracks from my FOH friend that I'm going to mix. I can't remember if he said he's using an SC48 or a Profile, but I know he's using Waves Tracks live to record.

Upon listening to the all the audio files that were recording at the show, there seems to be a weird digital sounding glitch that happens every once in a while, on every single track at the same time. The glitch lasts from 0.5 sec to 1 sec at times. Here's a snippet of a key pad track that has the glitching I'm talking about (it's faint, but it's a hi-end digital fuzz sound that comes in and out): https://www.dropbox.com/s/gaf9zlclz4...sound.wav?dl=0

My friend has sent me a handful of shows worth of audio, and they all have this sound. I haven't imported these files into any DAW to keep it from being a sample rate issue while converting on my end.

Has anyone had this issue before while recording with a Profile or a SC48? Any idea what would cause this? Apologies for not having all of my FOH friend's setup info. ANY help is greatly appreciated!!