Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-22-2011, 03:56 AM

Default Install problem

Hi I am demoing an Artist mix from the New Zealand reseller.
I cannot for the life of me get it going.
PT 9.03 on Mac with an Eleven Rack.
The Eucon install disc was 2.5.4 so I updated. Even after installation of 2.6.0 it still show a 2.5.4 build from back in 2010. Tried 2.5.7 - same deal. Unistalled, reinstalled.
The issue is once I select the eucon enable button in PT, PT quits. Sometimes only when I try to make a fader. Artist Mix is connected, it toggles through my open apps, is seen by eucon software.

Have you go an issue with your installers?
Please help asap. Otherwise this is going straight back unsold

Chris
Old 07-22-2011, 04:05 AM

Default Re: Install problem

Well I have tried again.
Full uninstall, check and remove all prefs and configs,tried 2.5.6 and it still thinks its 2.5.4. Even when I launch Eucon it prompts me to go get the later version, which I do and again I end up with 2.5.4.67100 built March 10 2010

Something is screwed up and I simply CANNOT get this this to connect to prot tools.

Help please
Old 07-22-2011, 09:34 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Strange, I had no problems installing on Mac here.

I know with a firewall if you move the Faders Logic crashes.

Make sure no firewall is enabled.
Make sure the firmware is updated but before install latest software with the admin account.

I can't help you more than that as I don't use pro-tools.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:10 PM

no firewall etc. I've got it going in HUI mode for the moment.
I think the installers are corrupt on the site
Old 07-23-2011, 04:04 AM

Hi, nzl62!

Your setup should work, so I put together a battery of suggestions from the past that might help you (also look in the Mac Systemsettings/Other in the Eucon-icon), check your purple-E (previous green) in the dock and your grey-E (previous green)/Eu control Settings/Surface, Workstations and Softkeys...

User configurations. Where to look -
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Euphonix/UserSets/MC2User/MC_USER_SET__Root/
(safe-copy these before going on - you can put your downloaded ones here as well)
You find your prefs here (if you need to trash them or back them up) -
House(+name)/Library/Preferences/ called: com.euphonix.eucon.plist and com.Euphonix.EuControl.plist
House(+name)/Library/Preferences/Euphonix/ called: EuControl.cfg
Macintosh HD/Library/PreferencePanes/ called: Euphonix.prefPane

Be aware - if you are on an other type of keyboard then english/american, the stored keycommands that the Control refer to doesn't work.

Save your personal user-settings here -
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Euphonix/UserSets/MC2User/MC_USER_SET__Root/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
First...

* Installed 2.5.6
* Then I deleted ALL Eucon pref. files in BOTH Libraries, (Main + User lib)

Then...

* I deleted ALL ProTools prefs,
* I re-installed ProTools 9,
* I repaired permissions.

* Restart, and finally...Everything work as it should !

Hope this helps ...
You sometimes wish this had all been integrated in the Pro Tools and Data Base Helper (use this insted of manual - highly recommended) -
http://www.jcdeshaies.com/

Tips and tricks:
* If you have an Ipad2 you can get the app Aircontrol and you get yet another touchscreen added to your Artist setup.
* I sometimes run my units wireless via Timecapsule/Airport extreme with a switch going into the Airport Extreme
* If you have more then one Mix you can number them in the Eu Control Settings
* On the Transport and Control, put some time into adding key commands in Safari and Mail and others (since I'm on a Swe-keyboard you have no use of my settings - and save as above) and you will really see how versatile the units are not only for use in PT and Logic...
* By using the Control + Transport + 3 Mix together with the Digi 002 I get to lay out 36 faders
* I have raised the back 2.5 - 3 cm on all the units for better viewing-angle with good results.
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 07-23-2011, 04:57 AM

Right thats starting to show where my issue is.

To me its simple, the 2.5.7 and 2.6.0 vsns of Eucontrol are not installing properly or the old one is not being uninstalled correctly.

Many of the pointers you pointed out GW are not there in my vsn

ie not root set, no purple eucon icon in sys prefs (just one called Euphonix MC for HUI setup)

Does this ring any bells?

I have downloaded the latest vsn of Eucon three of four times now and all other software updates have been working

Chris
Old 07-23-2011, 05:42 AM

Success. I am certain that I had quit Eucon at least once when I was updating but I finally got it all going.

Re-downloaded 2.5.7 Quit Eucon then updated.
That worked so I moved on to 2.6.0.

That worked too. PT now quits unexpectedly every time I quit PT. Not a major as it isn't happening whilst I am working.

Thanks for those that responded. Amazing what happens when you get a chance to do a task calmly eh?

C
Old 07-23-2011, 08:21 AM

Good. Hope you can enjoy your Mix and I can only say what I've said a million times on here - try it together with the Transport, those two together are just dynamite... Don't be alarmed by the plastic feel and the mute-button called "on", take time to discover what this unit can do that others can't. I have finally begun to really enjoy my setup now and see beyond does details that disturbed me.
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 07-23-2011, 11:34 PM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
Good. Hope you can enjoy your Mix and I can only say what I've said a million times on here - try it together with the Transport, those two together are just dynamite... Don't be alarmed by the plastic feel and the mute-button called "on", take time to discover what this unit can do that others can't. I have finally begun to really enjoy my setup now and see beyond does details that disturbed me.
That's nice to read considering I'm getting my transport tomorrow morning to go with my Mix! I'm certain it was a better move for me than getting the control.