Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 12-28-2019, 07:40 PM

Default S1 and Control App - I see the non-responsive Channel state on Sweetwater Demo

Noticed on the SweetWater S1 Demo on their site - https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ontrol-surface

It occurs at 8 min 16 second mark.

It's a weird bug in Channel Mode where some of the Channel features are unresponsive and the Channel Mode names are displayed in the center of the Control App on iPad sitting on the S1.

This is the same thing I am getting every few minutes in Logic Pro X mostly when using Config in Channel Mode. Here is my post describing it with exact same picture as Sweetwater Demo - http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407793

I thought it was something specific to Logic but in their demo they are using Pro Tools.

Can someone at Avid confirm they are seeing this and confirm status/plan of action as it makes it unusable if you have to keep restarting project or Eucon when you use Config in Channel mode.

I would think the odd display of the Channel Mode Names in center of screen may be indicative of what the software is incorrectly doing.

In my case in Logic - and in Sweetwater's demo case - Pro Tools.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sweetwater S1 Screenshot.jpg (47.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by sjgam; 12-28-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:24 PM
Avid

Default Re: S1 and Control App - I see the non-responsive Channel state on Sweetwater Demo

Are you talking about the function blocks in the middle of the screen that are blacked out ? If so are you sure the selected track actually has something for those blocks ?
Old 12-30-2019, 12:50 PM

Default Re: S1 and Control App - I see the non-responsive Channel state on Sweetwater Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Are you talking about the function blocks in the middle of the screen that are blacked out ? If so are you sure the selected track actually has something for those blocks ?
Yes the function blocks in the middle of the screen and they are not all blacked out. All of a sudden the top left block displays the channel mode names themselves - inserts, inputs, eq, dyn, sends, mix etc. - and some of the channel functions become non-responsive. Press insert nothing happens etc. The top right and bottom two function blocks are blacked out.

Again look closely, you can see it on the screenshot of the Sweetwater demo I attached - which is kind of funny because if he stopped and pressed inserts or the function blocks he would get no response and you can see it on my screenshot I attached with me running Logic. Sweetwater is running PT.

Again the fact that it is displaying the channel mode names in top left function block when it goes non responsive might be a clue of what the software is mistakenly trying to do.

Again restart project or eucontrol and all works for a while.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Reattaching the two screenshots so you can see - both the Sweetwater one and my one in Logic - look to top left function block in middle of iPad screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9839.jpg (50.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-04-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Eddie were you able to reproduce the frozen state in channel mode on Control, S1 and Dock ipad where the function blocks on center all of sudden just display the name of the channel mode names and screen is not responsive. Again per the attached screenshots it happens in my case in Logic and in Sweetwater demo on their site in ProTools.

Here is my summary from before below referencing attachments

Yes the function blocks in the middle of the screen and they are not all blacked out. All of a sudden the top left block displays the channel mode names themselves - inserts, inputs, eq, dyn, sends, mix etc. - and some of the channel functions become non-responsive. Press insert nothing happens etc. The top right and bottom two function blocks are blacked out.

Again look closely, you can see it on the screenshot of the Sweetwater demo I attached - which is kind of funny because if he stopped and pressed inserts or the function blocks he would get no response and you can see it on my screenshot I attached with me running Logic. Sweetwater is running PT.

Again the fact that it is displaying the channel mode names in top left function block when it goes non responsive might be a clue of what the software is mistakenly trying to do.

Again restart project or eucontrol and all works for a while.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9839.jpg (50.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-04-2020, 07:28 PM

I am also seeing this behaviour. ..and yes, restarting Eucon, seems to fix it for a while.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 02-04-2020, 07:46 PM
Avid

I've been playing with my App for a while and can't get it into this state yet. It must be a certain set of commands in a particular order that causes it.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:48 PM

Yes, you have to be right Eddie. It directly correlates to Channel / configuration modes in both the S3 and Dock in my case.

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 02-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Avid

I wonder if its not caused by doing anything on the App, but by the attention that happens somewhere else and causes the app to respond...sometimes getting it out of wack. We have fixed a few things around this area for this upcoming release so hopefully.....
Old 02-04-2020, 08:10 PM

Mmmm, yeah, that sounds completely plausible. I'll have a bit more of a play around.. particularly with the S3, given it's behaving like the dock in a way.