Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2014, 12:41 PM

Default How do you change your avid account email

My client changed his ISP and lost access to his ISP-based email account. So he asked me to log in and change it for him, since he's not internet savvy.

I log in for him, and what do I find? Nothing. No links, no options, and no information for changing or altering your avid account email address at all. My account is the same. Apparently you can't. So if you lose access to your email address, you also lose your avid account.

The lengths this company goes to in order to shaft its customers, and prevent them from being able to reach human beings or ask even the most basic of questions, while simultaneously building the most fck-worthless website and help system anywhere on the internets amazes me to no end.

I'm drop-jawed that the DUC still exists, frankly, because its far too useful and helpful to continue being a part of Avid…shouldn't it have been exported to New Putinland or sold off to Fruity Loops a long time ago?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:48 PM

Default Re: How do you change your avid account email

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2086085&postcount=2
Old 09-03-2014, 12:55 PM

yeah that would be an excellent solution, except the system was built two years ago, so, no registration card/number, and no ASC code. So now, what, I have to take his @#$%^@#$ pro tools rig apart and pull cards to get a serial number? Are you kidding me?

System 1: Retina MBP 512SSD/16RAM - Thunderbolt HDX1/HDIO
System 2: Mac Mini - 512SSD/8RAM - Thunderbolt HDX1/HDIO
OSX 10.8.5
Pro Tools 10 HD
Pro Tools 11 HD
SYNC HD
Old 09-03-2014, 01:56 PM

You just need to get in contact with support one way or the other. Hopefully a mod will see your post here
Old 09-03-2014, 02:02 PM

Hi

As Glenjb said, the only way is to fill out the form and send it to Avid support,

Unfortunately that is the way Avid wants it and we moderators can't do anything else than pointing you to the correct place,

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2163449&postcount=8

Sorry that I can't do anything else

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-05-2014, 03:16 PM

Here is probably why, and legitimately correct, many people want to bypass the transfer of ownership of Avid products, especially if they are not the legitimate owner. One way to work around some of these issues is to just transfer the account to someone else, which will require changing the email account.

As an example, HD10/11 cannot be transferred. So people get around this by giving their iLok account and Avid account to the buyer which is a violation of Avid's policy.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp