Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2015, 08:22 PM

Default 11 rack bypass guitar on monitors.

I am trying to figure out muting the guitar output volume on the mains.In most interfaces,the input fed in (guitar) will not be heard directly on the mains unless the recording track & the input monitoring is armed.However in the 11rack you could hear your guitar volume directly on the monitor even before you open up a track to record guitar.I think this may be an inconvenience at times.Anyway to bypass the guitar direct volume on the mains & have it go through the tracks to audition?
Old 10-24-2015, 08:13 AM

Default Re: 11 rack bypass guitar on monitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCcares View Post
I am trying to figure out muting the guitar output volume on the mains.In most interfaces,the input fed in (guitar) will not be heard directly on the mains unless the recording track & the input monitoring is armed.However in the 11rack you could hear your guitar volume directly on the monitor even before you open up a track to record guitar.I think this may be an inconvenience at times.Anyway to bypass the guitar direct volume on the mains & have it go through the tracks to audition?
Are you talking about using the 11R with Pro Tools or another DAW?

If Pro Tools, are you on Windows? If so, you may be having this problem, try this workaround
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbRnyt6PVjc

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-27-2015, 05:31 PM

Default Re: 11 rack bypass guitar on monitors.

I am using 11r with Logic now.When I try to use a guitar plugin on the track like Positive grid amp bias,I can hear the plugin sound coming from the track as well as the direct guitar sound coming from 11r directly on the speaker.Is there anyway to mute the direct guitar sound from 11r to speaker & listen to the sound from the track )daw) to the speakers?