Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Takes List contents

Using PT6.4. When Loop Recording and then using the Takes List pop-up to select a take and have all related tracks replaced, the Takes List pop-up does not contain what is expected, after doing more than one recording session - IF, that is, I wait a few hours between recording sessions. The manual says to use a Memory Location (region selection) to make sure all the take lengths are the same, and to use the User Time Stamp to make sure the takes you want are included. I cannot get this to work. Any help appreciated!
Old 11-10-2004, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Takes List contents

The takes list is dependent upon the cursor (timeline insertion point) location. When listing regions it will list all regions which have the same sample start location as the timeline insertion point -- this shouldn't care about how long the session's been worked on or any other factor. In loop record, all regions automatically have the same start sample location (obviously)... the only way you can lose the list is if you make an edit or lose where the sample location was. If you've edited a region which was recorded in loop record (and haven't moved it).. use the trimmer tool to drag it to the left to find where it starts... and that should give you the location where you can get the takes list.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 11-10-2004, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Takes List contents

Appreciate the response, but I don't think this helps. I "lose" all the takes from earlier sessions even if I do not edit them or touch them in any way. I lose them when some extended period of time elapses between the "sessions", which are just brief practice/experiment runs (playing, singing) of a couple minutes. I can keep doing these sessions, one right after another, and all the sessions are there (with their multiple takes from the loop recording). However, if I wait for an extended (but as yet unknown) period of time - a few hours to overnite - and then do another session, all the earlier ones go away. BUT - if I UnDo the recording, they, of course reappear as the new sessions disappear out of the Takes Lists (and the Audi Regions List.) Naturally, if I continue multiple sessions instead of UnDoing, all the new material continues to appear in the Takes List, session after session.

What I want is for ALL the takes - which have identical lengths and start times and User Time Stamps, per the manual - to appear in the Takes List, which is how it is supposed to work. At least as I understand the manual.

Thanks, again for the input...any further help appreciated, even if it points out my ignorance.