Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 03-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Avid

Default Re: Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Not at this time, it is on the roadmap to add this functionality though.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes the next release in April has the knobs fixed.
Hi Eddie!
This warms my heart! These knobs for now stand untouched. Looking forward to it!
Is there planed ability to use these knobs for controlling Clip Effects? I am ok, to use trackball / mouse for plugins. I believe, its not easy to make 3rd party software to work with Eucon correctly. But these knobs assigned to clip effects as it is now a basic PT function, would speed things up for fast filtering and etc. on fly. Possibility to adjust Clip Effects without opening CF window would be great feature.
I am looking to invest in MTRX as well, and knowing how monitoring will be implemented with Dock would bring much more faith in purchase.

Best regards!
Old 03-08-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artis View Post
Hi Eddie!
This warms my heart! These knobs for now stand untouched. Looking forward to it!
Is there planed ability to use these knobs for controlling Clip Effects? I am ok, to use trackball / mouse for plugins. I believe, its not easy to make 3rd party software to work with Eucon correctly. But these knobs assigned to clip effects as it is now a basic PT function, would speed things up for fast filtering and etc. on fly. Possibility to adjust Clip Effects without opening CF window would be great feature.
I am looking to invest in MTRX as well, and knowing how monitoring will be implemented with Dock would bring much more faith in purchase.

Best regards!
Fixed knobs.. lets all hope! - I volunteer to beta test this...

The clip effects would be a nice addition, Eddie, if you read this I actually created an idea scale that covers how these knobs can be utilized more efficiently.

PT | Control -- In Channel View, I propose that the "Pan" box be renamed to "General" and shifted all the way to the left and be the default when selecting Channel View. The LEFT hand soft knobs could include direct access to clip gain, L/R pan and assignable knobs for anything else (perhaps input input monitoring by pushing the button in). Right side pans could be controlled by pushing the pan knob in while turning."

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...ob/260992-3779
Old 03-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Avid

The new knob ballistics have been in beta for 2 weeks and I have nothing but good feedback for it.

With regard to the Pan block idea, if the knobs did just L/R what about surround users ?
Old 03-12-2017, 01:21 PM

Dear, Eddie!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I would love for the wheel to have the default function of moving the play head, the point where playback starts, i.e. to navigate the session timeline. This function is not even implemented at att, but for me that would be the most useful function of the wheel period.

Best Regards, Johan

Phone +46707773443
Old 03-12-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStudios View Post
Dear, Eddie!

I would love for the wheel to have the default function of moving the play head, the point where playback starts, i.e. to navigate the session timeline. This function is not even implemented at att, but for me that would be the most useful function of the wheel period.

Best Regards, Johan
Indeed, this would be a great feature. Forgot to mention this earlier.
The wheel does nothing until assigned to something. Ability to chose and assign default (always on) wheel function as primary in Eucontrol settings, would reduce button pushing on surface. The existing wheel assigning buttons would function as secondary and cancel default when pressed, and return to default when released.

Best Regards!
Old 03-12-2017, 03:40 PM

+1
Old 03-12-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Indeed, this would be a great feature. Forgot to mention this earlier.
The wheel does nothing until assigned to something. Ability to chose and assign default (always on) wheel function as primary in Eucontrol settings, would reduce button pushing on surface. The existing wheel assigning buttons would function as secondary and cancel default when pressed, and return to default when released.
+1 Brilliant and simple idea!
Old 03-12-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
The new knob ballistics have been in beta for 2 weeks and I have nothing but good feedback for it.

With regard to the Pan block idea, if the knobs did just L/R what about surround users ?
Hey Eddie,
how about sticking the Pan square(s) in the middle area and the remainder of the surround pan options on the right hand side knobs on a subpage? My thought process for a Channel/"General" square is to lay out the left hand knobs similar to a real console. My theoretical "General" box layout mentioned in my IdeaScale would be something like

starting from top to bottom:

left knob 1 = clip gain
left knob 2 = (if you can't add the pan square(s) in the middle) - left (mono) pan; front pan; push to access F/R pan
left knob 3 = (if you can't add the pan square(s) in the middle) - right pan (if stereo track)
left knob 4 = control low cut filter of the first EQ plugin if applicable / push in to activate/deactivate LCF OR, assignable as a button

right knobs = basic dynamics settings of the first dynamics/channel strip insert like threshold/attack/release/ratio. A second subpage can handle the other surround/stero pan options if applicable.

Last edited by Anthony_Anz; 03-13-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStudios View Post
Dear, Eddie!

Best Regards, Johan
I usually just use Move Sel. It will let you move through the time line based on your nudge values. I usually have mine set to 1/4 notes. I have soft keys set to increase / decrease my nudge and grid values at the same time in case I need to get a more granular movement. Also, when you use Move Sel it will stay on Move Sel even after you hit stop and play as opposed to Jog, which for some reason, always turns itself OFF when you hit stop. I found that really annoying. =)