Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 12 Discussion

Old 11-14-2017, 02:46 PM

Default Re: All the internal Avid plugins failed to load

Also what exact plugin directory path are you looking at? You might be messing with an old now irrelevent directory.

Make sure you are using the correct AAX folder...

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...older-location
Old 11-14-2017, 11:38 PM

I've been having a slightly different plug-in problem since bumping to 12.8.2 (and afterwards, x106, the patch(?) ). PT seems to crash, inconsistently, while initializing random plug-ins on start-up. it's never crashing on the same plug-in. sometimes it makes it to initializing the audio or midi engines and may crash then, other times it boots up with no problems. Crashes occured "less frequently" after trying to run through an mbox mini i'm renting from my college. My guess is there must be some compatibility issue between 12.8.2 and the plug-ins or responding to audio engines, because I had none of these issues with 12.7. I've already tried removing some of the more commonly-showing plug-ins, only to have it move to other plug-ins, and I tried rebuilding the wkspce files to no avail. I haven't yet tried a fresh re-install, but I'm hoping for at least some guidance as no matter where I go no one seems to respond..
Old 11-15-2017, 12:27 AM

Default All the internal Avid plugins failed to load

First, please don’t try to hijack other users threads. If you post questions in the right forum with the right information you will get help.

You should be trying standard stuff under the “help us help you” link up the top of every DUC web page. That you are not just doing that basic stuff will discourage people from helping you.

Make sure you trash prefs, try moving all plugin files, trash prefs again, try with a new empty session, try from a new Admin account. Try with a different interface/built output if on a Mac, etc. Uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools. .....all standard stuff you should just try. Then if still stuck post here exactly what you have tried and give us lots more information about your setup.

System info and exact OS version

And what type of crash, what exact error message or when does this happen.

Can you please start your own new thread with your update on all the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 11-15-2017 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:05 AM

Yeah, and you're right, I apologize. it wasn't my place to offer a different issue. will start an updated post elsewhere
Old 11-15-2017, 01:31 AM

PM Me if you don't get help here and I'll try to help you out.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:58 AM

I had a very similar issue with plugins a few months ago. Changing date was a big clue. In my case I had a hard drive (WD black spinner) that was going bad. I replaced it and issue resolved.

BTW, I had no other indications that anything was wrong with the hard drive. The techs at Air Inst. helped me sort this.

Hope this helps,
Greg
Intel i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (rev 1.0), 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidea GT 720 TI video card, a Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB) OS drive, 2 Samsung 850 Pro's (512 GB) in externally mounted drive bays for session and sample storage, Win 10 Pro, PTHDN 12.8, HD Omni, HD I/O 16x16 .