Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2003, 04:01 AM

Default the Curtiz giveaway !

"The Curtiz Giveaway"

First this : give credit where credit is due : the “giveaway” thing was started by Mr. Phil O’Keefe, and he was my inspiration for this. So for a change, Phil, you can play along too. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

And then this for the Digi people : I hope no one at Digi is going to be upset about me giving away some equipment that’s not exactly PT related. The fact that I’m not giving away any Digi gear is probably the best indication of how much I value it. I’m keeping my Digi gear !
I’m doing this in the spirit of maybe helping some fellow Ducer get some extra gear for his/her studio, so they can spend their hard-earned cash on some more Digi gear. I personally get tons of info and lots of entertainment from the DUC. Time to give something back. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sooooo, what am I going on about ?

Well, several months ago I got a Line6 Vetta, and retired some of my stompboxes amongst which
A LINE6 MM4 MODULATION MODELER.
This is what I’m giving away right here !

http://twanglab.netstudio.be/giveaway.html

This unit is in perfect working order, I have the original box, manual and PSU (be informed this is 220 volts, I live in Belgium). It has a few paint scratches because as a stompbox, well…it’ been stomped on. Other than that, a fab unit.

The MM4 comes free, but the winner WILL have to pay for shipping from Belgium. We can work out together what the best/cheapest method would be.

The competition is open to DUC members with numbers up to 29115 (sorry, Bioforce !)… NAH, just kidding, it’s open to any DUC member ! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO : tell me your funniest/most embarrassing studio or stage screw-up. Along with the entertainment value, it could act as a therapy or catharsis for many of us, just knowing that, well, you’re not alone… [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
One entry per member, please. I will decide who the winner is in a week or so.

Shoot !
Old 02-02-2003, 04:50 AM

Default Re: the Curtiz giveaway !

Oooh, that is nice Paul, and nice of you. To be Honest, I do have all the guitar modulation I need for right now, so, im gunna pass on the giveaway in hopes that someone more needy of it will get a chance at the opportunity. Just like how you are giving it away to someone more needy of it then you. You are a true gentlemen, just like Phil(dont worry phil, im coming over to get that vid card soon, this weekend excuse was I was deadly sick with a form of Cold I never met before).
Old 02-02-2003, 06:38 AM

Yeah, Mr. Curtiz is a gentleman anyway.
BTW; Paul I listened to "Supernatural". Looks like you guys are playing the lute for a while now. Nice performance.
I guess you wouldn´t step on let´s say e.g. Steve Miller Band. I like them too.
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Greets
Lalaman
Old 02-02-2003, 08:58 AM

Nice!

here I go:

Friday night, we played this modeling/art expo(!), so there we are, 2AM all the models, families and friends watching as we start the set, and my snare falls between my legs on the first verse of the song!!! I continued playing as if nothing had happened. To keep the beat I used the small tom all throughout the song.....

ok it`s not the funniest, but it`s true, plus I live in Chile and the power here is also 220.....

cheers

jorge

www.abacomusic.com
Old 02-02-2003, 09:18 AM

damn, i cant win.....i've never played a live gig befor [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

the closest ive come is when brian and i jam in my garage we keep the door open so all the kids from the high school across the street can here us as thier getting out of school.

most embarrising thing that ever happened to me there though is one time we were totally showing off. brian was goin nutty w/ the drums and just wailing on them and i was playing the guitar behind my head (i tend to wear 2 guitars at the same time while i play,i keep one hanging towards the ground back by my ass) and while im playing im turning around to go back up my driveway (its a slanted driveway) and when i turned the guitar cable wrapped around my feet somehow and i fell, i tried turning myself while i was falling so i didnt wreck my "lower" guitar but it hit pretty hard and a huge chunk of paint is missing from it now.....anyways a s**tload of the highschool kids were laughing thier asses off at me cause i was still playing trying to act like it was planned.... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 09:28 AM

Ok, one time we were on stage, big hair, leather, platforms, playing the best a hair band can play. I started wailing on a solo, lost my balance and fell off my tall platform shoes...

Ok, that really didn't happen but..... I used to play classical guitar and I did show up late for a wedding once. At the rehersal I thought the groom said 2:30 and figured I was on top of it when I rolled in at 1:40. Oops, it started at 1:30. Ever have a 150 people glare at you while you wander up to the front, open your case, set up and start to play? I was the only thing moving up there....And it was cold... fingers frozen but I was warm with pure embarrassment.

I don't want to pay for shipping but I would be happy to stop by and pick it up in May.... I'll be in Amsterdam visiting friends.

John
Portland, OR

Old 02-02-2003, 10:07 AM

I tell you, this is incredibly nice of you, Paul... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I don't want to pay for shipping but I would be happy to stop by and pick it up in May.... I'll be in Amsterdam visiting friends.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] thats like a $250 pedal.....the $30 tops shipping is well worth it

paul, im not trying to kiss ass, but i did forget to say how cool this really is.......do i still get all of row 2 if i get the pedal? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 10:44 AM

[/QUOTE] thats like a $250 pedal.....the $30 tops shipping is well worth it[/QB][/QUOTE]

I know it's well worth the shipping but I'm willing to go the extra 3,000 miles to personally thank Paul! Hell I'll even buy him dinner and some beer. I'd say that beats sending him $30 for shipping.

Old 02-02-2003, 11:48 AM

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] point well proven