How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 01-28-2019, 12:06 AM

Default Pro tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
An HD Native Thunderbolt box, a Focusrite Red XPre and an HD32R will get you there in only 2 spaces and at a fraction of the cost of the same number of HD I/Os. Actually, you can use two HD32Rs and save even more over the cost of the Red XPres is you don't need to other interface capabilities. Or buy a pair of RedNet 5s on the used market for ~$400-500 each if you are comfortable giving up the redundant network capability.

Plus you have the added benefit of connecting to the Dante network through a real hardware Dante device, not using DVS, which has some really odd and random stability problems on both Windows and Mac OS.

Or the Waves digigrid route that I am seriously considering using DLI interfaces and 192i/o’s to spare an HDX1 room with a native counterpart, using one digigrid interface each and bridging Protools to the network.
We need to have the possibility to expand our systems and not depend on clearly monopoly limits to tracks, voices I/O etc.
I know from a source that HDX was limit on porpoise to only receive 64 I/O, having to buy a second one to have full Madi I/O and analog or digital for a studio. So we have to expect that kind of limits because there is not such software and hardware, especially for post with surround and immersive audio that can do what protools do. We have to remind us that this program is KING. There is no such competitor that can rival Avid Protools for big mixing in the box work.
That’s the truth.
By then we should ask and pray sometimes that the king could be gentle and give us some goodies. Thats all we can do now sadly. Ask competitors to do a hardware surface with the power of an old D command and for some things that I don’t understand, they cannot deliver one. Who is using Yamaha Nuage or something like that? I don’t know how to mix with mouse clicks or a touch screen like ravens when I am looking at picture and not seeing my fingers. So c’mon if competitors don’t like to compete in post or big mixes we will be stuck with a company with sufficient market power to make more profits and unkind with much of his client base.

Cheers to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Watagushu2013; 01-28-2019 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 2019 !

To me, leaving pro tools as main DAW is just a matter of time.
I started last year when I sold my HDN+ OMNI and instead of doing renewal for the ultimate license I have an old native license and I have done renewal to the native.
I have cubase and I plan to use it as main DAW and keep protools just in case if I got protools session.

the reason for me saying that because I feel AVID keeps ignoring us:
1- Folder track
2- ARA integration
3- better MIDI functionality like step sequencer etc..

the majority are asking for the above while they come with the voice pack after 3 months!!!

I'm sure less than 5% of us will need more 150 tracks and even others can work with the current situation, SO THIS VOICE PACK IS NOT A MUST

it's sad to see pro tools end up going into this direction
Old 01-28-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhafaji View Post
To me, leaving pro tools as main DAW is just a matter of time.
I started last year when I sold my HDN+ OMNI and instead of doing renewal for the ultimate license I have an old native license and I have done renewal to the native.
I have cubase and I plan to use it as main DAW and keep protools just in case if I got protools session.

the reason for me saying that because I feel AVID keeps ignoring us:
1- Folder track
2- ARA integration
3- better MIDI functionality like step sequencer etc..

the majority are asking for the above while they come with the voice pack after 3 months!!!

I'm sure less than 5% of us will need more 150 tracks and even others can work with the current situation, SO THIS VOICE PACK IS NOT A MUST

it's sad to see pro tools end up going into this direction
+++++++++++++++1
Old 01-28-2019, 06:03 AM

I really don't understand all the angst over a feature (voice packs) that effects so few customers. My understanding is that this is really just a way to differentiate the pro users that aren't paying for DSP systems but still need large track counts. I appreciate the fact that they aren't gouging every customer for a feature that most of us don't need.

Tim

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 01-28-2019, 06:04 AM

I told myself last week, that if Pro Tools doesnt include folder tracks in its next update im out.
It seems trivial - like you dont really need them. But its one of those little niggles that has made my commitment thin for years
I was so confident that it would happen.
Arrg

Rant over :)
Old 01-28-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
I really don't understand all the angst over a feature (voice packs) that effects so few customers. My understanding is that this is really just a way to differentiate the pro users that aren't paying for DSP systems but still need large track counts. I appreciate the fact that they aren't gouging every customer for a feature that most of us don't need.

Tim

I guess it’s not the new ‘pay for extra voices’ that makes protools users unhappy. It’s that no one asks for this (we have plenty of voices to mix with within PT Ultimate), but things people are really hoping for, like ARA, Mojave compatibility, better ADC etc, still aren’t added or implemented while we pay a premium annual amount to AVID for staying up to date with their software.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2019, 08:26 AM

I'm very new to PT.
Really disappointing new features announced. The editing flow it is incredible important but I was actually very surprised to see it working the it does.
Incredible not implementing ara.
Other than that. I come from logic, S1, Reaper...I've made 1 editing session so far (with all the related problems of barely knowing navigation included) and I felt somehow home. No other program gave me the same feeling
Old 01-28-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
An HD Native Thunderbolt box, a Focusrite Red XPre and an HD32R will get you there in only 2 spaces and at a fraction of the cost of the same number of HD I/Os. Actually, you can use two HD32Rs and save even more over the cost of the Red XPres is you don't need to other interface capabilities. Or buy a pair of RedNet 5s on the used market for ~$400-500 each if you are comfortable giving up the redundant network capability.

Plus you have the added benefit of connecting to the Dante network through a real hardware Dante device, not using DVS, which has some really odd and random stability problems on both Windows and Mac OS.
I hear you but my main point is to get rid of the record track count limit...
I installed and used a rednet system with 6 mpr8s, two hd32rs, and the little 2 channel monitor box, with native thunderbolt etc for around 20G and it was pretty sweet as we ran it over dark fiber and I was controlling the pres three city blocks away from the venue, but it was not mine and for that much money if it was me making the purchase I would get Merging Technologies Horus also around 20G maxed out but you get 48 pres and iO in just two rack spaces so it’s way more compact than the rednet and works as a pro tools io just like the hd32rs, and there is also the Joe Co black boxes with built in pres. But for now I have found a much cheaper but still good way to track shows than those systems which are all very good, I just can’t use pro tools to do the tracking all the time with my current setup due to the record track count limit.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 12 core 3.46ghz
GPU RX6800XT, Samsung 970 EVO Plus pcie boot drive, Titan Ridge flashed for Mac.
Midas M32r console. iPad Pro with Avid Control
Old 01-28-2019, 10:32 AM

Dark Fibre, wow... that costs a fortune to rent
Old 01-28-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
It’s that no one asks for this
No-one, huh..?

If my imaginary company had one customer that spends a million and another million customers who spend a buck each... guess what, if that one customer asks for something, my imaginary company would deliver.