Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 01-10-2014, 07:27 PM

Default iLok 1st Generation - Unable to download Pro Tools 11 Bundle License

Hi All

I'm tired and a bit broken by the disappointing failure to add a Pro Tools 10 license to my 1st generation ilok.

Firstly, the license is part of a crossgrade from any version of Pro Tools M-Powered, with which my ilok came. Secondly, the package comes with a free upgrade to 11. As such, the two appear bundled in the ilok license manager as one drop down list, and can only be activated on a 2nd generation ilok.

I bought this upgrade in a hasty effort to execute a project, and the window has now closed.

There appears to be no information in my search results of anyone experiencing and/or resolving this issue.

So I'd like to be the (apparent) first to send out a plea for help.

Please tell me what to do in order to separate these licenses, so that I can authorise PT10 on my ilok, without having to blow another £40. Especially as the window of opportunity has closed on my project.

Many Thanks

NB: I've already had a PT10 trial license on my ilok.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:37 PM

Default Re: iLok 1st Generation - Unable to download Pro Tools 11 Bundle License

Since its a PT 11 bundle, the iLok 1 is not supported for this. You need a iLok 2 to do this. Available at lots of music related retailers, on Amazon.com, at iLok.com, Avid.com etc.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:51 PM

Default Re: iLok 1st Generation - Unable to download Pro Tools 11 Bundle License

What he said. And to clarify, there is no way to separate out the 10 or 11 licenses from each other, to put on different Iloks, or to sell, etc.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:40 AM

Thanks guys.

One last thing: Is there anywhere that advises this before sale? If so, please can you send me a link.

Cheers
Old 01-11-2014, 01:50 AM

Default iLok 1st Generation - Unable to download Pro Tools 11 Bundle License

The requirement for an iLok 2 is all over Pro Tools 11 product specs and reseller sites. You can google for it.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22Pro+Tools+11%22+%22iLok+2%22#
Old 01-11-2014, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Since its a PT 11 bundle, the iLok 1 is not supported for this. You need a iLok 2 to do this. Available at lots of music related retailers, on Amazon.com, at iLok.com, Avid.com etc.
I just recently got an ilok 2 from Steven Slate. PLus a plug in.

http://www.slatedigital.com/online-shop/rc-tube

49.00 for the plug in including an ilok 2. so its basically an ilok and a plug in for after shipping was like 12 bucks for RC tube.

not even sure how good it is as I just installed the plug in but my point is why not get a basically free plug in with your ilok 2...

And yes as has been said you need an ilok 2

System
MacPro 12 Core • 24 G Ram • 10.12.6
PT 12.8.1 • Mbox 3 Pro • Plug-ins Verified
4 HD • OS ssd | Audio ssd | Sample Library ssd | Storage
MAXPower eSATA 6G Card • Wiebetech RTX100H-Q
Kensington Trackball Works/Orbit Optical
Bluetooth off/Airport on and off.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:51 AM

Thanks for all your advice.

What I purchased was a crossgrade to Pro Tools 10 (with a free upgrade to 11).

But, as 11 has long been available, it looks as though they've updated the license so that you download the 2 as 1 - which sucks for me.

My interest was in 10, because I do not have the spec/setup to run 11.

I know that you need a 2nd Gen iLok for PT11, but I'm disappointed that they've bundled PT10 into the 11 license.

Can you advise how I speak to someone at Avid to sort out some bespoke support? The website expects me to pay for pro support, but I'm a fledgling freelancer, so I can't afford that yet.

I am based in the UK.

Many Thanks
Old 01-12-2014, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfracas View Post
Thanks for all your advice.

What I purchased was a crossgrade to Pro Tools 10 (with a free upgrade to 11).

But, as 11 has long been available, it looks as though they've updated the license so that you download the 2 as 1 - which sucks for me.

My interest was in 10, because I do not have the spec/setup to run 11.

I know that you need a 2nd Gen iLok for PT11, but I'm disappointed that they've bundled PT10 into the 11 license.

Can you advise how I speak to someone at Avid to sort out some bespoke support? The website expects me to pay for pro support, but I'm a fledgling freelancer, so I can't afford that yet.

I am based in the UK.

Many Thanks
There's no need for special support and no need to install or run PT11. Just install PT10 (latest version) and get an iLok2. They are separate downloads (don't forget the instruments download which is a separate thing. All a combo license for PT10/11 means you can have installed on the same machine at the same time both versions of PT. All support beyond any free ASC you might get with a purchase costs the same whether you make a living recording or are just a bedroom worker.

You don't say what computer/os you're running but you might be surprised to find it can run PT11. Just post here what you have and maybe we can help.

QAPLA!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:14 AM

Thank you for your advice.

I don't think I've made my point clear:

I don't want to spend another £40 purchasing an iLok 2.

I just want the PT10 license on my iLok 1.

I don't even need PT11.

Thanks for the help anyway, people.

NB: I'm running OS X 10.6.8 on a 2.6GHz Quad Core Mac Pro.

Last edited by mrfracas; 01-12-2014 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Note brief
Old 01-12-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfracas View Post
Thank you for your advice.

I don't think I've made my point clear:

I don't want to spend another £40 purchasing an iLok 2.

I just want the PT10 license on my iLok 1.

I don't even need PT11.

Thanks for the help anyway, people.

NB: I'm running OS X 10.6.8 on a 2.6GHz Quad Core Mac Pro.
But that's exactly what you're going to need - an iLok2. The license assets can't be split apart. You already spent the money to upgrade from your previous version of PT. At $50 US (and that's high; some are lower) which translates to 30 GBP it won't break the bank and it's what you're going to need to use PT10.

QAPLA!