Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2012, 09:06 PM

Default PT MP9 Full Import Sessions?

Hello,

I'm new to the forums, but I have a question that I have not been able to find a solid answer to via google or forum searches. I'm looking to purchase PT MP9, but I saw one area that might be a red flag when looking at the mp9 comparison charts to PT9 and the other lines:

The chart left blank the spot regarding MP9's ability to "Full Import Session Data" (The chart I'm referring to is here: http://www.avid.com/US/products/fami...-tools/compare) ..but in other product descriptions online, it mentions that MP9 has "full session compatibility with the PT family"

Maybe I'm confused on the terms but my concern is: I want to be able to record and mix audio in a session and export it as a session file. Then send it over to a friend who lives several hours away and let him do his recording to it with his pro tools system. Once he exports it and sends the session back to me, I need to be able to import the session to continue working on it. Is this possible with PT Mp9?

Has anyone had problems/experiences importing whole PT sessions with MP9? Money is a major factor for wanting to stick to MP9.

Thank you for your help.