Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 04-15-2019, 05:09 PM

Default Re: And in other ”news” Waves are having a fire sale ... $29 for ”all” plugins ..

Well, I've already got the Mercury Bundle (picked up the upgrade from Horizon and a few others that I had on their Anniversary sale last fall), and the Abbey Road Collection and the SSL Bundle. The only other one I really could use is the Dugan Bundle, which never goes on sale.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 04-16-2019, 12:01 PM

Default Re: And in other ”news” Waves are having a fire sale ... $29 for ”all” plugins ..

I think this sale ends today, I ended up with the API compressor, SoundShifter, Butch Vig Vocals and WNS. Sharing the code helped, if someone from here used it, big thanks!
Old 04-17-2019, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
Well, I've already got the Mercury Bundle (picked up the upgrade from Horizon and a few others that I had on their Anniversary sale last fall), and the Abbey Road Collection and the SSL Bundle. The only other one I really could use is the Dugan Bundle, which never goes on sale.
I have everything pretty much also. Hopefully WUP will go on sale again some time as running V9 & V10 can be a bit messy.

Anyhow, encouraged by this thread I bought the NX plugin as its not in any bundle. I thought maybe it might be useful in a 3D way in mixing on the odd occasion or as intended. Well, I should have demoed. I think it is even more useless than DeBreath

Anyhow, enjoy your plugins. Code below if anyone needs one

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 04-17-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
I have everything pretty much also. Hopefully WUP will go on sale again some time as running V9 & V10 can be a bit messy.

Anyhow, encouraged by this thread I bought the NX plugin as its not in any bundle. I thought maybe it might be useful in a 3D way in mixing on the odd occasion or as intended. Well, I should have demoed. I think it is even more useless than DeBreath

Anyhow, enjoy your plugins. Code below if anyone needs one

Stephen
It's funny how these things work, I consider NX the best investment I've done in monitoring since I got my speakers over 10 years ago, of course I'm not in a monster room but I've been getting away pretty good with low levels and NX has offered me a useful additional option.
I was talking above about getting DeBreath but I think you're right, I don't have that much problem dealing with breaths to need the plugin right now, only once I had a rap vocal where the artist requested me to remove the breaths (which were a lot) where I was really thinking on buying the plug.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
only once I had a rap vocal where the artist requested me to remove the breaths (which were a lot) where I was really thinking on buying the plug.
Strip Silence has always worked for me better than Waves' (not realtime though)
Old 04-17-2019, 07:36 AM

DeBreath looks great. You get the breath and as much of it as you want.

https://youtu.be/XyLHK7vBk8c

In practice I was pulling my hair out on more than one occasion trying to get it to work. I watched some videos on using it and even resorted to the manual

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 04-17-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Strip Silence has always worked for me better than Waves' (not realtime though)
Clever! So far I've been doing this but Strip Silence seems a faster option when you don't want them at all:
https://youtu.be/yA2MHeyAf_w
Old 04-17-2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
DeBreath looks great. You get the breath and as much of it as you want.

https://youtu.be/XyLHK7vBk8c

In practice I was pulling my hair out on more than one occasion trying to get it to work. I watched some videos on using it and even resorted to the manual

Stephen
I've never tried it, it seems like it works great if you do a lot of vocals, I was ready to buy it this time but I ultimately decided to go with MetaFilter and even though I have Cytomic The Drop the sequencer section got me interested. I'm all in for the ease of use!
Old 04-25-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I've never tried it, it seems like it works great if you do a lot of vocals, I was ready to buy it this time but I ultimately decided to go with MetaFilter and even though I have Cytomic The Drop the sequencer section got me interested. I'm all in for the ease of use!
I really like the Metafilter. I only wish it did a pitch modulation and allowed two types of modulations simultaneously that you can blend in.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
I really like the Metafilter. I only wish it did a pitch modulation and allowed two types of modulations simultaneously that you can blend in.
Reel ADT Stereo is for you!