How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 10-07-2015, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Dealing with track counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbil View Post
TBH, we shouldn't even have to vote on something as obvious as this because it affects the underlying functionality of Pro Tools. It's something that tarnishes the entire brand because two products within the same family can't even communicate with each other without the potential of something disastrous happening. This is pretty much the software equivalent of a dysfunctional family.
+1
Old 10-07-2015, 01:38 PM

+2

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 10-07-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
Ah, yes. Ideascale. The proverbial "writing on the wall".

But who's looking?
Steinberg, MOTU, Presonus, etc ...
Old 02-23-2016, 01:49 PM

Has everybody stopped caring? I would like to use Pro Tools to transfer clients' sessions.

Why doesn't Pro Tools simply deactivate the tracks? What a ****ing mess.

I've waited for years now for this to change but well, Avid appears to be still stuck in 2004, way to go.

Why don't you forbid women from using the DAW without the husband's approval? I'd implement this in 2017.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:56 PM

The sooner you condition yourself into the acceptance that Avid simply is not typically responsive to criticisms of its decisions about how to implement any area of functionality, or suggestions as to how its chosen implementation specification might be improved upon for the customer's benefit, never mind the extreme sluggishness of its response to confirmed bugs, and all of this in a 'new' era in which money changes hands for a supposed improved response time to precisely those things ....

... well, the sooner you'll unburden yourself of a mindset that irrationally, against the strength of all evidence to the contrary, clings to a vague hope that, actually, Avid might be in the least bit interested in addressing areas of functionality that unnecessarily adversely impact upon us, especially where there is little benefit to
Avid other than appeasing unhappy users.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 02-24-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticmike View Post
Has everybody stopped caring?
I've resigned myself to the fact that we're only getting improvements in so far as they fit Avid's plans. So we finally got Track Freeze after 5+ years of complaints on this site and over 1200 votes on that other site? I don't think so. The reality is that we got Track Freeze because it's necessary for Cloud Collaboration, which a majority of us didn't even want in the first place. So I don't think that we have much of a say in anything here, really. As far as Pro Tools is concerned, it isn't a democracy -- the whole voting aspect is nothing more than a sugar pill to appease an angry mob.

If you like what you see, then keep renewing and cross your fingers that addressing this problem is essential in supporting some other feature that Avid wants to implement. Otherwise, it's not going to be resolved until there's nothing left on the table to push those annual renewal numbers.

So to answer your question; have I stopped caring? Nope. Will letting Avid know that I care about this issue change anything? I'm not holding my breath.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:08 AM

Aye carumba, just fallen foul of this crazy crippling feature - deleting tracks over 128 when loading an HD project into PT vanilla. No option to make them inactive - no option to even choose which tracks to drop.

Once again, thanks a bunch, Avid.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 12-05-2016, 07:50 AM

Hello,

Found this thread. I would like to share a point... I was thinking of upgrading my pro tools 12 perpetual to HD12 in near future for track count reasons @96k (only when I need it). As I read Pro Tools HD 12 can play [email protected]/48 and 128@96/88.2? But it says "per HDN/HDX-card". Avid support told me that if I do not have HDN/HDX i will stay with 64@96k even when I use 12 HD ?

Some of you tested HD 11 without the hardware and said it is also possible with Core Audio... Did this change with HD 12?

Thanks,
Roland
Old 04-27-2017, 08:25 AM

Hello, I recently upgraded to PT12. Opened an 8 LE session with only 26 tracks and was greeted with,

"There are more active audio tracks than allowed maximum. As a result, one or more audio tracks will not play."

No luck with support yet. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks for any information you may have.
Best Regards...
Old 04-27-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppesdn View Post
Hello, I recently upgraded to PT12. Opened an 8 LE session with only 26 tracks and was greeted with,

"There are more active audio tracks than allowed maximum. As a result, one or more audio tracks will not play."

No luck with support yet. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks for any information you may have.
Best Regards...
Odd. As a workaround, you could import the whole session into a new one, maybe?

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM