Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 06-25-2015, 06:53 PM

Default Problem detected with audio clock. Check your clock source and sample rate.

Ok. I've already searched the forum, and even with an identically named thread, didn't feel it answered my question.

[sidenote- I tried to download and install Sandra-didn't work and wouldn't install, so, I moved on. Here's the best info I could compile.]

ProTools 10.3.9 with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 and a Presonous Faderport.
Windows 7, Processor Intel(r) Xeon(r) CPU E31245 @3.30 GHz 3.30 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 64 bit OS

Alright, so, I'm getting this error message "Problem detected with audio clock. Check your clock source and sample rate."

It's not happening all the time, but in just the last day or two it's been popping up.

The session will not allow me to do anything that involves playing or recording audio once this message pops up. If I restart the program, it seems to work, but eventually it comes back.

I'm not sure where to start at this point.

Thanks for any and all help.

Sincerely,

Steve "Couldn't Install Sandra" G.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Problem detected with audio clock. Check your clock source and sample rate.

All drivers up to date? Have you tried the basics of trashing databases and prefs? What about disconnecting all other peripherals except your interface?

Are you changing samples rates between sessions?

Is the Focusrite Scarlett set as your main audio interface for your computer as well?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-26-2015, 10:29 AM
Focusrite

Default Re: Problem detected with audio clock. Check your clock source and sample rate.

Hello teleguy2,

As Benoni mentioned "Is the Focusrite Scarlett set as your main audio interface for your computer as well" If this is true, your windows sound preferences also need to have matching sample rates. The advanced tab for the Scarlett's properties within windows sound preferences should take you to the sample rate menu.

Also open MixControl and be sure the sync source is set to internal.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:37 AM

Benoni (and Christian)

Thanks for your response and good questions.

>All drivers up to date? Yes.

>Have you tried the basics of trashing databases and prefs? Nope. Gonna do that now.

>What about disconnecting all other peripherals except your interface? If the problem were constant, this would make sense, but it isn't happening all of the time. But, yes, I did try diconnecting.

Are you changing samples rates between sessions? No. I always leave it the same.

Is the Focusrite Scarlett set as your main audio interface for your computer as well? Yes.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:03 AM

Also, try making your onboard soundcard the default for Windows audio/sounds and leave the Scarlett for Pro Tools only.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 06-26-2015, 01:15 PM

My preference is to do as The Weed says and have my interface separate from computer audio. That could be why you are having issues, Windows may be trying to take over the driver.

But if you like it as your PC interface do as Christian.Focusrite says and check that your sample rates match.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-26-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Also, try making your onboard soundcard the default for Windows audio/sounds and leave the Scarlett for Pro Tools only.

Cheers,
Ditto^^^ and have you done all the required system tweaks(especially disabling Power Management on all USB ports, aka "USB Root Hub" in Device Manager)?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave