Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 09:15 AM

Default Bored: Your favorite weblinks?

alright guys, I am sitting here utterly bored at work looking for stuff to look up on the net. Anyone have any good "WORK APPROPRIATE" or "DIGI APPROPRIATE" links to check out or share by chance?

This is one of those days where I feel like I have found everything cool on the web that there ever was and am bored with it, yet I am stuck in front of a computer with nothing to do.

Some of you might find each others links to be cool also and maybe we could create a Digi link exchange post or something here.

I have all my favorite links on my site in my sig of course, but that list grows all the time.

so post away!!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Bored: Your favorite weblinks?

someone, anyone?!?!? I'm dying of net boredome today here guys.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:30 AM

http://www.provide.net/~cfh/index.html

This is where I spend most of my time..

Old 02-13-2005, 11:10 AM

Quote:
http://www.provide.net/~cfh/index.html

This is where I spend most of my time..
whoa, that guy is actually from my home town here. Wonder where he lives? just kidding. lol That is a pretty cool site though man.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:39 AM

Quote:

whoa, that guy is actually from my home town here. Wonder where he lives?
I'm sure wherever it is that he lives,he has strong locks on his doors..I have had some email correspondence with him regarding a few guitars,and he is very knowledgable.

Old 02-13-2005, 11:47 AM

Surround Zine
Old 02-13-2005, 12:48 PM

Hi superpenguin,
I had asked you this on the 'Latest' thread, but I guess you missed it. On 'Rose Colored Glasses'(nice job), there's a unique sound either on the guitar or a separate keyboard. Is that a keyboard, or are you running the guitar through something?

thanks, Roy
Old 02-13-2005, 01:00 PM

Well, besides here, I spend a lot of time here.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Hi superpenguin,
I had asked you this on the 'Latest' thread, but I guess you missed it. On 'Rose Colored Glasses'(nice job), there's a unique sound either on the guitar or a separate keyboard. Is that a keyboard, or are you running the guitar through something?

thanks, Roy

Hey Roy, Thanks very much. yeah, sorry I didn't catch your other post. Pretty much on that track it is just as it sounds with the string arrangement on the keyboard and the live acoustic guitar. I did not run anything else on the acoustic when I tracked or mixed it. Just a standard Takamine G-230 through a good old condensor mic. I did a couple tracks with stuff though and did some cool panning stuff which might be giving it the sound on there. I just usually give it a go til I hear on my speakers what I hear in my head. For mic stuff I used what is called a "guitarists ear" position to mic the guitar. If you are a guitarist, you may notice that you catch yourself moving your ear over the guitar when you play where you think it sounds best while you play without even realizing it. Just a little trick I picked up from one of my mentors when I took some classes. lol Thanks for checking out the tune though man. I will have some more stuff up soon hopefully when I finish up the pressing of my new album.

Quote:

I'm sure wherever it is that he lives,he has strong locks on his doors..I have had some email correspondence with him regarding a few guitars,and he is very knowledgable.
yeah, with all those guitars I would hope he has an underground titanium fortress of some sort. lol btw.. any chance of selling that acoustic that we were talking about man? just kidding. I know you wouldn't part with it.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:18 PM

Hi penguin, what a great thread-starter you are these days! I need some links too... I'm such a bore and only hang here at the DUC and at the Big Road Blues... And google of course when I need to know something