Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2017, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Is it worth me getting an Eleven Rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Clear View Post
Another question: I have many unfinished projects with recordings made using my Fast Track C400 (which I'm giving away), will there be a noticeable difference to the detriment of the song to mix those with Eleven Rack recordings? Would it be possible and worth routing these old recordings though the Eleven Rack and back into Pro Tools?

Thanks
There's no problem. You don't need to route anything out and back into Pro Tools. Just use the Eleven Rack as your interface. There's no problem in switching interfaces. All you'll really need to do is default your IO to the new interface.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-15-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Clear View Post
Another question: I have many unfinished projects with recordings made using my Fast Track C400 (which I'm giving away), will there be a noticeable difference to the detriment of the song to mix those with Eleven Rack recordings? Would it be possible and worth routing these old recordings though the Eleven Rack and back into Pro Tools?

Thanks
Can't follow what you are asking.

The C400 vs. Eleven Rack won't make any difference as an interface (i.e. for main output audio) while mixing.

The only usual reason to 'route recordings stuff through the Eleven Rack' is to reamp dry guitar or bass tracks. Is that what you mean? And even then it's usually easier to reamp with Eleven (or other) amp sim plugins. The Eleven mk II plugins provide every amp sim in the Eleven Rack. Would wet guitar tracks you have now sound better if their dry tracks were reamped through the Eleven Rack or plugins... nobody here can guess. Thats your call, play and see.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:51 AM

I gathered he was wanting to know if the A/D and D/A was going to be better

The converters

Minimally but not worth the extra work ...imho
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:01 AM

Thanks, you guys have collectively answered my niggling queries. I do feel it's a question of getting my hands on the 11R to see where I'm going with it...
Old 12-17-2017, 11:58 AM

Default Is it worth me getting an Eleven Rack?

...exactly and they are amazing bargains, and in the unlikely event you don’t like it (but you will), you can sell it and have paid little for a great learning experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk