Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2013, 04:51 PM

Default Pro Tools MP 9.9.0?

Tho I am use to Avid just ignoring most things, the forum members are fantastic! I just completed my 2nd purchase from a member and it went flawlessly!

EXCEPT for one thing....

I updated the PACE drivers so I could grab my new software. I went & grabbed the iLok Lic, booted up PT MP9 and got an Athorazation Window to update to MP 9.9.0...what?!

So I canceled it, hit the net, and after about an hour I can not find a THING on 9.9.0 except for a passing mention. The newest listed here is 9.0.5, so what gives?

It asked to update the next time I opened PT, but so far after 3 restarts it has not appeared again...

So, does ANYONE know what this is about, or at least point me in the direction I should go to find out any info...

PT MP9.0.0 is working absolutely fine hear, and I really don't want to update unless there is some major fixes - updates - etc between 9.0.5 and 9.9.0.

Thank You in advance for any & all info you can send my way!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Pro Tools MP 9.9.0?

Not sure what that error is, but you should just download the full installer for v9.0, install it, and install the v9.0.5 update, which was the last update for Pro Tools MP 9.

If it is in your Avid account at http://account.avid.com like mine is, you would download these:
  • Pro Tools MP 9.0 Full Installer (Windows)
  • 3957.89 MB
  • Download
  • Pro Tools MP 9.0.5 Updater - requires MP9 installation (Windows)
  • 1053.25 MB
  • Download
Or you can download the update from here:
Pro Tools MP 9.0.5 Update
Old 05-12-2013, 07:24 PM

Thank You for the response Bruce Paine, but that don't really answer my question.

I understand about how to update to 9.0.5, but my system is running fine so I will not do that. What kept coming up was PT wanting me to install a Version called 9.9.0, which I can not find ANYWHERE! LOL

It look all official, yada yada yada, but I refused to install it because, well, as far as I can see it does NOT exists!

Would you have any info on a Pro Tools MP 9.9.0?

Anyone?
Old 05-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Would you have any info on a Pro Tools MP 9.9.0?
Never heard of it. Can you post a screenshot of the message? Use "add attachment" in the post editor.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:08 AM

Ho, I can not for 2 reason...

1. It has not appeared again since I closed it 3 times.

2. I don't want to take a chance that it MIGHT do an update if I get it to pop up again!

Like I mention before, MP 9.0.0 is working fine, so I don't want to even do the 9.0.5 update on the of chance that it might screw something up!

I DO appreciate your response, and I don't meant to sound like a prick or something, but this is just strange because, like you say, I also have never heard of it or can find any info OR reference to it except in this post in the Specs...

http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread...pon-connection

Oh well, glad I did not hit Authorize!