Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 04-05-2001, 07:25 PM

Default PT Hangs computer when recording MIDI data

I use an AudioMedia III, WinME, PIII 667, 128RAM 20GB HD, Intel Board.

Every Time I attempt to run Pro Tools, It starts and records audio fine. If I try to record any MIDI data, instant hang the moment I start to play...I have to pull power to restart. I am getting a general exception notice, with the Close/ignore message, and either button locks me up tighter than
Old 04-06-2001, 06:00 AM

Default Re: PT Hangs computer when recording MIDI data

I've been going through the same problem with my AudiomediaIII, PTLE5.1, winME machine. I cannot record Midi using my MIDI TIMEPIECEAV. I contacted Digi and Motu, but as usual, Digi says it's a Motu drivers problem and Motu says it's not so, because every other application (cubase, cakewalk, Logic) work ok. So I'm deaad in the water. It's been happening since the release of PTFREE. Eric Day sent me a file that fixed it in PTFREE, but that did not work with PTLE. I have a Dell optiplex GX1 PIII-500 with 384 meg ram and Cheetah SCSI drives. I spent the money but I can't use the gear and I know they will not take the software back. I don't know what to do. It would be a good thing for you to include the Midi gears that you're using, maybe someone knows what's going on. For now I will switch to Logic and I just purchased SonarXL. I'm close to dropping DIGI astuffs completely. That's too bad that they have not been able to fix this issue. I hope they do though, because I would like to use DIGI stuffs, and upgrade at a later time, but for now it does not look like I'll be a TDM user anytime soon. Too bad.

[This message has been edited by Mocha (edited April 06, 2001).]