Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 12-03-2018, 02:15 AM

Default Burl - BAD8 or BAD4... preferences please

Guys, I'm just about to enter the world of Burl coming from a symphony mk1... I'm really having a tough time deciding whether to get the old bad4 or to spring for the bad8 inputs. If anyone has both cards and cares to share their experience about their differences that would be great :)

Last edited by syMPh; 12-05-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Burl - BAD8 or BAD4... preferences please

Hey, if you haven’t already pulled the trigger on something, I have tried both BAD4 and BAD8. BAD4 are better. BAD8 are great too, but BAD4 have more sonic/harmonic content in the lower mids and upper lows. They just sound more classic. BAD8 appeared to have a bit more top end and slightly scooped in the mids so I thought, hey maybe these would be great on percussion. But BAD4 still beat them on a tambourine. I would go BAD4 all day!

And by the way, I switched to these from a symphony mki as well!
Old 04-27-2019, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Burl - BAD8 or BAD4... preferences please

Hey Marko, sorry I thought no one was going to reply and only just looked! cool, I ended up going with the BAD4 which I'm very glad I did... its such a great thing going out the BDA4 into the BAD4 too.. best thing I've done in ages :) I'm thinking I'll get a couple of the B4m pre cards (2 of them) for drums direct in.. I'll make sure to save a channel on a bad4 for Tambo tho peace